Everything In The Universe Was Created By Absolutely Nothing.

by Philadelphia Ponos 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

This is the purest example of an oxymoron. Repeat this sentence over and over again and you will realize why it's impossible for some people to accept the Big Bang model.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Even JW's and other denominations accept there was a "Big Bang"... It's scientifically proven.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Agree with what Morbidzbaby said.

You could further your discussion by saying, what triggered the Big Bang, how such a seemingly disorganised action led to such an organised universe, etc. etc.

• prophecor
  • Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Yes, that's right, Phil. In the beginning, there was nothing. And that nothing was God.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Biblegod came from nothing, too. What a oxymaroon.

S

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The God of The Universe Was Created By Absolutely Nothing.

Yep. That makes no better sense. I find it amazing that those who wish to believe in God, find no contradiction in claiming that sand and birds, rocks, planets and gasses could not have just 'happened' over eons of time. But that God has always been, never came into existence, and had no maker. Surely the most complicated being in the universe must have been created if our rock and the stars were!

Jeff

• zoiks
    zoiks

Yup. God is a made-up exception to a made-up rule.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Why do people insist on criticizing scientific theories and principles they so obviously don't understand? Is it just the hubris of the religious believer?

• zoiks
    zoiks

MS- I recall giving a talk on 'evolution' during the Service Meeting one night. I was absolutely full of it- I was having a great time just all-out ridiculing my strawman version of evolutionary biology, and the congregation was loving it.

A few years later I actually read a biology textbook, and then some works by Gould and Dawkins and Coyne, and it was a completely humbling experience. I realized that instead of trying to know what it was that I was arguing against, I had been taking the easy way out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit