the doors

by jolly_green_giant 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I was in love with Jim from the age of 12 till now! I got so many beatings from getting caught listening to "Touch Me". I wrote his name in my NWT! I was so bad.....
    I have most of their music and blast it every chance I get.
    Mak, I think Val was so perfect for that part. After a while I could have sworn I was watching Jim. I regret never seeing them perform live.

My son has a huge framed pic of him on his living room wall. I've been begging him for it for the last two years. He refuses to part with it...damn him!!

April

If you bury the truth under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way.--Emile Zola, J'accuse
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/171905

• Flip
    Flip

Jol' the Doors as musicians, I've heard it said were of questionable technical talent, and Morrison...character.

However, I was a guest in a projectionist’s booth one night for the Oliver Stone movie, 'The Doors'.

Although the movie had a mixed response, during the credits I had the privilege of turning up the stereo sound...loud...for the Doors background medley.

Through the projector window we watched as movie patrons rushing for the exits suddenly stopped in their tracks to listen and groove to the music until like 27 year old Jim, the music faded, they loved it.

So did I.

Flip

• qadreena
    qadreena

i love the doors, one of the all time great bands
    everyone down the pubs i go to call jim morrison god!!!

xxx angel xxx

• space
    space

Hell yeah the Doors are one of the best bands ever. I love his mind he kicked the door down for alot of bands and people to express themselves through a more spiritual level. I used to listen to the End over and over when I first started to excape the JWS. Especially at the end of the song since my father was a elder. I think Jim would flip at the article I wrote called "LSD saved me from JWS" check it out.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: just wondering how many doors fans are out here? personally, i believe they are one of the best bands ever to come into the music scene. imho morrison was one of the greatest poets/musicians ever. im only 22 yrs old

I saw the Doors play at the Whisky A-Go-Go on Sunset Blvd. in 1971. For those who have not been there (it's still there and last time I went by was still painted purple and black) the Whisky is not very large. It holds maybe 100 people tops.

Anyway, Morrison was all drugged up, slurring his words and tearing off his t-shirts. But when he sang "Light My Fire" all the original magic was back. There were so many great groups in those times that we thought the Doors were just another "Rock Band." I was there. I know.

BTW, I used to cruise up and down Sunset Blvd. on weekend nights in my 1959 Corvette, with the top down, dressed in a Gorilla suit, an unlit cigar in my mouth and my gigantic St. Bernard in the passenger seat with his massive head above the windshield checking out the scenery.

I was also a full-time pioneer and MS at the time! Those were indeed, the "good old days!"

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit