the doors

by jolly_green_giant 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

just wondering how many doors fans are out here? personally, i believe they are one of the best bands ever to come into the music scene. imho morrison was one of the greatest poets/musicians ever. im only 22 yrs old so i never had the pleasure of seeing them live. just wondering if anyone on this board has ever gotten the chance to see these guys back in the day???

the end

• Makena1
    Makena1

Jolly - had to respond to your post. Doors and Morrison were/are one of the best bands of all time. Sorry to say, never got to see them live. I moved to LA in 1972 from the midwest, so those early club shows were over by then. Their music is timeless though. Still get chills when I hear "Break on Through". My wife is a life long fan - in her opinion one of the best casting decisions was to have Val Kilmer play Morrison.

Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• Satanus
    Satanus

I like a couple of their songs, riders on the storm, the best. Although morrison was dark, he saw into the spirit dimension, as many artistic creators do. My opinion.

SS

• Sargon
    Sargon

Jim died on my 12th birthday. I wanted to cry in my room all day but we had a book study to go to. It took 6 years and leaving the KH before I got to mourn him properly. In '78 I smoked a big fat stogie on his grave.

I know it's only Rock n' Roll...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey JGJ,the doors were a dam fine band...OUTLAW

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i LOVE the doors and jim especially! have you guys checked out his poetry books?

• Sargon
    Sargon

Jim's poetry is timeless. You can hear him reciting alot of it on the album 'an american prayer' which was issued posthumously. check it out if you haven't already.

I know it's only Rock n' Roll...

• COMF
    COMF

Drop acid and listen to the Strange Days album. Of particular value are "Horse Latitudes" and "When the Music's Over."

Used to do that all the time. Intergalactic!

COMF

• LB
    LB

I saw them perform at the Whiskey several times. Great band. Very raw stuff.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

MMMmmm Jimmy

~*~ manie sans delire ~*~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit