When did you stand up and say No More to the GB and Witness world, mine was in 2000

by designs 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

Went to the memorial in 2010 and never went back. Sent my DA letter a few months later.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

2009 - DA around this time

• JeffT
    JeffT

Last meeting was the summer DC in 1988. DA letter was mailed March 1989. Wife and I left together.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

When I first started posting here LOOOOONg time ago ( not that I have posted a bunch ) this site was semi-pro JW, at least I thought it was. I hung around here a bit,but then left. I tried pretty hard to reach for MS from about 2003-2005,after almost making it in 97. Around 2003/04 the rose tint on my glasses had started to peel a bit and I think I came back here around then and peeked around maybe late 2005,early 2006.

After my regular pioneer girlfriend dumped me ( due to being so business banging a local brother in her area,only to shortly be DF'd ) aroud 07/08 my eyes started to really open. After reading posts here,I realized I wasn't the only person who may have felt a certain way about certain things,or had certain experiences. If anything I feel you can vent and share how you feel here. My ex gf really got the ball rolling,with help from my so-called best friend.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I quit going to meetings in October of '05.

Looked at the calander and made the proclamation outloud that I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses on August 8th of '06.

Egg was standing beside me in the kitchen looking at the calander and repeated for herself what I had just said.

I left physically first then mentally.

• Reality79
    Reality79

The seed was planted in 2006 due to the mistreatment I suffered at the hands of these people.

2009 was when I made up my mind to leave the cult once and for all. Best decision I ever made in my life.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The beginning of 2005 for me and it didn't take long. Was disfellowshipped within 6 months. I have never looked back since and have truly been so happy. My life is going so very well.

• wobble
    wobble

End of March 2008, decades later than I should have.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Physically 2009 memorial, mentally 2010 memorial.

• Girlie
    Girlie

2009 for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit