Samadhi: The Ultimate Achievement of Spiritual Awakening

by frankiespeakin 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Fuck all of it! There is no "achieving of spiritual awaking". No way of doing something to gain the Truth of what we genuinely are. How can we attain by some effort what already IS? This is insane. This is a trap that will only continue to veil what has always been.

Please trust that we are, right here, right now, the living freedom of truth which we seek. So the question is: what blinds us to it??? It all comes down to false beliefs generated by the mind that hides what we seek. So it's not a matter of how to get from point A. to point B., but rather clearly identifying what veils the truth from us. It's more about subtraction than addition. Nothing need be added. Nothing.

Lets really take to heart the wise guidance that Poppers has to share, and really look within at the workings of the mind. Lets be still and non-judgmentally and lovingly observe...and take special note of the silent and pure witnessing awareness.

j

• designs
    designs

You mean there will be no running naked through meadow or chanting around the bon fire after Church......

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Why wait until after church?

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Egolessness:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egolessness

In psychology, egolessness is an emotional state where one feels no ego (or self); of having no distinct being apart from the world around oneself. From the view of Western psychoanalysis and therapy, the state of "oneness" can be either positive or negative depending on the person, and in the context in which these feelings occur in each person.

The described feeling of oneness (of being inextricably woven to the fabric of one's surroundings or environment) is thought to be akin to egolessness. Lifestyles of communal ownership (no individual property) and the "vow of poverty" in many monastic traditions may also be intended to make selflessness easier to maintain; that its practitioners may continuously remain in a meditative state of mind.

In some forms of meditation in Asianreligions, egolessness is a mental state that is sought after. While at the basic levels, meditation is geared toward relaxation, the practice of advanced meditators may be aimed toward the purpose of dividing one from their awareness of "self," to a certain degree, and for a certain time. The ritual and religious treatment of meditation functions so that the individual learns to take the practice with seriousness; learning to gradually control their degree of relaxation such that undesired and harmful schisms do not occur to the psyche.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ego death:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death

An ego death is said to be characterized as the perceived loss of boundaries between self and environment, a sense of the loss of "control", the loss of the accustomed feeling of existing as a "personal agent", and lose "cognitive-association binding". [ 1 ] This "perceived loss of boundaries between self and environment" [citation needed] is said to be experienced through a sensation that one is the whole universe (and therefore there is no need to differentiate the "I" from the "universe") or by simply acknowledging the "I" does not exist.

According to Stanislav Grof,

Ego death means an irreversible end to one's philosophical identification with what Alan Watts called skin-encapsulated ego. [

Methods of inducing the experience [edit]

Many methods, practices, or experiences may induce this state, soul-searching, lucid dreaming, sleep deprivation, fasting, meditation practice, psychedelics, or the use of an isolation tank.

Modern claims of ego death [edit]

Some famous examples of people claiming to have had the experience are Ramana Maharshi and U. G. Krishnamurti. In 2000 Eckhart Tolle claimed that he underwent the experience after having suffered from long periods of suicidal depression. [ 3 ] He says he woke up in the middle of that night and thought,

I couldn’t live with myself any longer. And in this a question arose without an answer: who is the ‘I’ that cannot live with the self? What is the self? I felt drawn into a void. I didn’t know at the time that what really happened was the mind-made self, with its heaviness, its problems, that lives between the unsatisfying past and the fearful future, collapsed. It dissolved.

Tolle recalls going out for a walk in London the next morning, and finding that “everything was miraculous, deeply peaceful. Even the traffic." [ 3 ]

Many users of psychedelics like psilocybin, DMT, LSD, DXM or Ketamine report experiences of ego death along with other mystical experiences common with psychedelic substances. This becomes apparent on study of psychedelic reports where themes relating to dying and mortality, transcendence, and expansion of consciousness are commonly observed. [citation needed]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit