Why Do Some People Tell EVERYTHING They're Doing Or Thinking On Facebook?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm posting on JWN again!

• Scully
    Scully

They think they're *that* important. Really.

Nobody gives a $h!t. Really.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

There is a portion of American society that needs and wants attention in the worst way.

I give you: Jersey Shore. Hey,no offense to the fans of the show,but who are these people ? Why are they famous and what have they contributed to the world or american society ?

I never post my status because who gives sh^% what I'm doing,ate,saw,or whatever.

I think your real friends will know how you're doing and whats going on in your life,without you having to make it a frontpage announcement on a social website. Otherwise personally,I don't feel like I need to 'brag' about whatever is going on in my life.

In my opinion to do it throughout the day,or incessantly,is time consuming. Who has time to be on FB that much ?

I am amazed at one of my friends, who posted FROM work,that they're bored. Nice way to give your employer a reason to jettison you. Especially in the current economic climate.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

By the way...it's 8:49pm cst and I'm watching The Longest Yard if anybody on here cares.

• Scully
    Scully

I give you: Jersey Shore.

Biggest.Waste.Of.Time.Ever.

I have a teenager who loves this show. The overblown drama, the focus on looks, on wearing the right clothes, hairstyles, hanging around with like-minded idiots, the Queen Bee syndrome, the whole kit and kaboodle. When I hear Snookie's voice and her It's-All-About-Me attitude, it's like dragging fingernails on a chalkboard. She makes me want to pummel her stupid face and stupid hair and annoying voice into a bloody pulp with her stillettos.

• unshackled
    unshackled

The other thing that drives me nuts are the ones who go fishing for sympathy. They post something like this: "Oh why me? Can't believe this is happening..."

Which is just pathetic attempt for attention....and of course others come running..."oh what's wrong? Everything okay?". Then it usually turns out to be something simple and NOT noteworthy "yeah...spilled coffee on my new pants."

The other pet peeve is ones who air out they emotional laundry. Keep it to yourself. Cram it up your cram hole.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Scully

I watched PART of the show once and it was unbearable to me as well. 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Unshackled..... couldn't haver said it better myself. Especially the emotional laundry part.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

BP if that's all it takes.....

I'm in BIG TROUBLE LOL

• rebel8
    rebel8

My fb friends are people from numerous countries/3 continents with whom I would be unable to stay in touch w/o Facebook.

If they were my next door neighbors, I might see them in the morning and the conversation would go much like it does on FB....just small talk. I like to know that my friend overseas is growing an avocado tree, etc. Little things like that are interesting and it's nice to interact with them on a day-to-day level.

I like it that human beings are more connected to each other. I think the net result is positive for society.

ETA: In fact, FB is the only time I can truly tolerate small talk. Probably because it comes in small snippets and I can just scroll down if it's boring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit