Witness came to my door this morning....

by lalaa 15 Replies latest jw friends

• lalaa
    lalaa

This is the first time ever that the they have come to my door. All I can say is that the man's presentation wasn't good at all.

First he started asking what I thought about the rapture, but didn't really get into the topic, and said that the word rapture wasn't mentioned in the bible. Then he said the watchtower goes over the signs of the end...blah, blah, blah...nothing interesting to add.

Then he showed me the awake and said he liked the picture of the hands and said..."did you know that there are over 50 bones in our hands". Seriously???? There was no we are encouraging bible reading like I would say when I used to go door to door or trying to engage me in any type of conversation. It just seemed like this was routine for him and it was a sad, boring presentation. UGH! I'm sure he won't be back. He probably just wanted to count his 2 magazines as placed.

I could have done better and I haven't been door to door since 2003.

The poor girl that was with him (around 16 or 17) reminded me of myself 15 years ago. So innocent and not knowing that there really is life beyond the witnesses and field service. It made me sad for a bit, but then I realized how far I've come from being in that place in my life.

• cantleave
    cantleave

What a waste of a Saturday morning!

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    First he started asking what I thought about the rapture, but didn't really get into the topic, and said that the word rapture wasn't mentioned in the bible.

I would've asked him to show me the term Governing Body in the bible... it's not there, either... But then he would have been tipped off that you were an "apostate" and would've turned tail and ran. The difference is, the concept of the rapture is taken from scripture. The concept of a governing body is not.

The newer presentations that are outlined in the KM's are watered down, canned, quick, and uninteresting. There's no real "sales pitch" anymore...just more of a "here's the frickin' magazine, part of it talks about such-and-such, have a nice day". Most of the time they don't take the time to cite a bible passage anymore, nor do they try to engage in a conversation. That's why when they do come upon someone who is more than willing to talk about the bible, a lot of times they are grossly ill-prepared.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You could ask where "Paradise Earth" is found in the bible too!

• blondie
    blondie

Or governing body or organization...............

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

OOH-OOH!! And look up the scriptures in Revelation that talk about the great crowd and ask where THE BIBLE says the great crowd is located! HA!

• lalaa
    lalaa

Great tips everyone. I will keep this in mind when someone else comes to the door that actually wants to have a deep converstation.

• Este
    Este

Sounds like he was searching for a point of conversation.......so what is your point?

Estephan

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Este the point is JW's will talk about ANYTHING to get their foot in the Door....

I was Pioneer and I would of used the Rapture to sell Magazines

• wasblind
    wasblind

I wonder if that was part of the canned script on back of the Kindom Ministry

if it wasn't, he should have stuck to the script, the WTS don't care much for Freestylin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit