Hi everyone. Wanted to officially intro myself. Well at least give you: In the Beginning...

by AK MCGRATH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Wow! Thanks everyone for taking a 1/2 hour out of your day to read my little diddy.

To be honest, I was a little nervous in the type of responses I would get-if anyone would respond at all! Thank you kindly, really, for your comments thus far.

Mr. Freeze: That is exactly what I felt they were trying to do. To tear me down. Why? I think that so- called pioneer sister was jealous of the relationship my friend and I had and it went from there. The pioneers were SO cliquish, that gossip was rampant. (I vowed never to be like that when I pioneered, and I wasnt, because it wasn't part of my personality to begin with, so...) I guess when you're a miserable person, you want others to be. So you stomp on them till you get them to rip that happy disposition off their face and be as miserable, or more so, than you are.

Morbidz..I lol at your b-friend's comment. I will take you up on your pm invite from time-to-time. Won't u be sorry! Thanku

Trans: You are correct-control freaks rule the roost. At that hall, it was VERY family runned. The friggin mafia got nothin' on them! This P.O. had his mom and dad there (who I actually really liked), and his wife was a pioneer, but I would say 75% of that hall was family infested. I was the outsider. A bright-eyed, witness naive but street smart, funny as hell (can't u tell..lol) chic. They would have none of that! I refused to be molded, or kiss anyone's ass, so the shit hit the fan. Now, I did manage to pull a few gems out of the rubble, and they'll make their way into my story later.

Moshe: Sorry to disappoint-no tat's or piercings. Well, I did have an ear piercing, but the holes are closed. Maybe I'll do what I did last time. Reopen them myself. This time I hope I actually find the original hole and not make a new one by mistake-ouchy!

And again, thanks to everyone for the encouragement. My next post will be: THE GREEKS. I should just continue my story on this one thread, correct? Not start a new one for every little chapter, I guess you could say. Hell, I should just pull a Kyria and write a damn book

AK aka JO

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, it doesn't take a half-hour to read that. You're a great story teller. Correct me if I am reading into it too much like my own story, but it sounds like you are beating yourself up a bit for having some warning alarms go off yet becoming a JW anyway. We have to learn to let that go. Some really smart people were recruited. It really isn't an intelligence thing. It could have been the pretty girl, I like how you mentioned that.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

HI,

Love your story, and I'm hoping to hear more. Welcome to the board!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Interesting AK . . . and your writing style does make for easy reading . . . but uuuuggghhh . . . the memories that invokes. I'll read part 2 when it comes though . . . I'm a sadist. LOL

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Hi AK

Welcome. And now the healing begins

xxx

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome AK MCGRATH. I have always found Greek, French, Spanish, UK and so forth are always much more friendly and more fun to be around. Us U.S. born ones for the most part walk around with a stick up our butt. And they hate the others having any fun at all. Listen to OnTheWayOut about beating yourself up. We are all victimes of the cult. You touch on alot of things alot of us went through as JW. Thank you for your story. Looking forward for the rest of it. You are among friends. Totally ADD

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Hi AK MCGRATH, and I suppose I should say Welcome but actually you've been around longer than me.

As I read it I was saying OMG! in places because a lot of it was so extraordinarily close to what I've experienced over the last 14 months or so. Even down to the crunch time coming around events leading up to my "first talk" which actually never happened, but that's another story.

I began to wake up after a series of similar incidents, but all the manipulation, the putting-down, the tying-in-knots, the jealousy of one sister over another, all so very very similar to my own experience. I too got to be an unbaptised publisher but not baptised, and I am now firmly in retreat.

Looking forward to reading more!

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

My apostate senses are tingling! Welcome aboard

• nugget
    nugget

welcome to the board and thank you for sharing your story. It is such a shame that this religion is not nuturing or loving and takes away so much from us without giving anything back.

took me over 40 years to get it.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Welcome! You write in a way that is easy to read....I am sorry for what you went through, being a born-in JW I guess I was used to critisizm as "loving counsel" ...but there did come a time when I was blacklisted for my "attitude" and my "un-scriptural" divorce and my choice of "bad associates" and I was pushed into a corner and couldn't take it anymore

you are in good company and I am glad you are out!

keep posting

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit