Closing a number of Branches is an EXCITING Development???

by Rank&FileGuy 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

bet local congs close to the redundant branches cant wait to have these washed up/old/cantankerous/stubborn/angry former Bethelites joining up with them!

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow, it will really be "exciting" when 'all' the branches close,,happy, happy

• dissed
    dissed

I worked at Bethel and worked extensively with the RBC and supporting the International Building program......

Two points....One, there was incredible excitement about the expansion and how JG was speeding up the work. We were told we needed these buildings badly to handle the great gathering and now they are not needed. What happened to the great gathering? That excitement is gone as the WT is now in a contraction mode. People sacrificed a great deal to help build these branches that are now being sold or boarded up. Lett is not being very honest in saying what he did. And that's the point. Why can't the WT be honest and just admit the work and the results are slowing. But noo, "its speeding up, so we are closing these branches." That defies logic and is dishonest.

The second point. Most of those in this part of the work were lousy in the witnessing side of the ministry but they wanted to do their part in the last days. Most are not proficient in the door to door WT ministry. They will not help the locals preach the WT message very well. Those involved in the building, Bethel work know this is true.

Any corporation officers that had to respond to its shareholders with these lies about its growth, would be facing jail time. (see Enron and others) But as we all know, the WT is exempt from punishment for lying to its members.

• clarity
    clarity

Pistoff ......

"The whole 7 times round Jericho was used in the 70's for the tract work, remember? Kingdom News # such and such? Just drop then off brothers, don't stand and talk, we have to get around the territory."

Oh yeah, I remember it like it was yesterday, it was a blitz really. The sad part is that 2 people accepted my hastily made study offer, I feel awful about that now!

So it is exciting that many branches are closing ....can't close fast enough for me!
    c

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I know that all of the Spanish-speaking Central American branches are being consolidated into the Mexican branch, but does anyone know what's up with the English-speaking Caribbean branches? I know several Bethelites in the region and have spent time myself at one of the branches, so I'm curious about what's going to happen. It seems weird to me that a full list of closings/mergers hasn't leaked yet.

• Terry
    Terry

In 2010, these reports indicated a total of more than 1.6 billion hours of preaching

Garbage in/Garbage out

• steve2
    steve2

In 2010, these reports indicated a total of more than 1.6 billion hours of preaching

What? Only 1.6 billion hours of preaching?? You people are slackening off big time when you should get your lazy butts out the door and preach rather than endlessly talking about preaching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit