2011 District Convention theme and program

by DagothUr 35 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Godrulz, you would be classed as an "opposer". If you debate a JW apologist, they may call you an apostate just on reflex. Just like someone I know who loves to paste the labels on.

P.S. And oh, yes, under the influence of the Evil One and his harlot, apostate Christendom, also known as the Great Beast [oops, I mean Babylon the Great. I think the Great Beast is the UN] that fell away from the truth when they adopted the pagan triune gods.

• pirata
    pirata

RedSoxFan1393, If it makes you feel any better, I'll be going too. Take good notes, the time will go quicker.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

If you have an mp3 player that picks up fm radio, all you need to do is pretend you are listening to the program on the radio and listen to your music. Mine had a record feature so the last time I went I made it look like I was recording the talks but I was listening to music.

• godrulz
    godrulz

jg: There is room for a second chance after death with JW views. Is it possible that an opposer could be raised to change their views or does this merit annihilation? Are the ones who get a second chance (cf. Mormon ideas) only those who never heard the JW message? Realistically, the WT has no where near the penetration that Christianity does (we are in closed countries and are numerically able to reach isolated areas that the WT will never get to). Thankfully, the work of the Spirit in this generation far exceeds the reach and growth of WT, LDS, etc. (we also have centuries head start).

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Well, day one is (title by title):

Morning

You need the Organisation. God will kill you in the big A if you don't need the Organisation. We must do more for the Organisation. We will milk you more, but you must endure. Symposium: Bla-bla; the GB represents the annointed, therefor they can milk you and you must endure; no matter what the GB asks of you...you must do; give everything to and for the Organisation. Boasting session.

Afternoon

Bla-bla about a kingdom that never comes. Give all you have to and for the Organisation. Examples of sheep that have given everything to the organisation. Symposium: Bla-bla about a person we don't know if he was real. Hate speech against the worldly stuff.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Day 2

Morning

Go in field service more! Symposium: Go in field service more! Give to the Organisation and hate the worldly stuff. Look at the beautiful, imaginary carrot!

Afternoon

Give everything to the Organisation. Symposium: Hate the Apostates!; Hate the world and everything it offers!; Hate your own dirty thoughts! (guilt trip). Parents, give your children to the Organisation. Drama: boring piece about something related to the Organisation. Are you giving all you have to the Organisation?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Day 3

Morning

Symposium: Bla-bla about an imaginary God and about his imaginary son. Public Bible Dicourse: The world is on a self-destruct course, so take refuge in the Organisation. A little gymnastics for the sheep (damn boring).

Afternoon

Drama: Young ones, give yourselves to the Organisation (subliminal Pavlovian conditioning). God's kingdom will come and save the JWs and destroy all other people, so you must give everything to the Organisation in order to be saved; also, do more field service.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Cofty, you are right. It's also my own impression. They have 2 dramas now and the themes seem lighter and shorter.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This sure looks like a fine waste of people's time. Just more of the same old, with perhaps a few new rules and a few new and rejuvenated crackdowns on just about everything that is either fun or that could help one subsist in the real times ahead.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The dramas are taped, so any potential for creative outlet by the participants is crushed, other than the artful waving of arms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit