Most entertaining platform misdeed.

by Slidin Fast 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Many years ago before assembly halls we used to hire large halls for circuit assemblies. The public talk, always after lunch on the Sunday was always the big (though boring) event. The chairman sat on the stage all the time whilst the speaker for the hour long talk droned on.

On this occasion my dad was the chairman. He sat on the stage for the whole hour and fell sound asleep. He didn't wake up until the applause signified the end of the talk.

There are many others, perhaps you have a few.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

This isn't entertaining it's gross, but its still talked and laughed about years later .

Whilst brother D.W. was sat waiting to read the next paragraph of The Watchtower he put his finger up his nose and very obviously retrieved something out of it. He then proceeded to roll it betwen his fingers and then flicked it onto the carpet where it sat for the rest of the meeting.

• nugget
    nugget

During the CO visit all the children were asked up to the platform taking their pictures of favourite bible characters with them. When the CO got to my child he asked "who is your favourite Bible character?" they responded with "Princess Fiona."

• teel
    teel

Once because of some interference we listened to the public speech accompanied by Vivaldi's Seasons in the background. That was entertaining It would have been really funny if it was some death metal.

• watersprout
    watersprout

When the CO got to my child he asked "who is your favourite Bible character?" they responded with "Princess Fiona."

Mwahahahahahahaha! That is the best comment to EVER come off a platform!

When i was younge i got on the platform with my picture. I was stood next to the podium and i could see the C.O's notes... So being a nosey little madam i started to read them... The C.O caught me reading and asked me if i wanted to finish his talk... I said no thanks... He said ''well you have been reading my notes, so you can finish for me''... He stepped back from the podium and stood looking at me.. The cong started laughing... I had tears rolling down my face... The other kids on the platform were just staring at me! It was horrible! Arrrggghhhh don't you just hate it when horrid memories come flooding back?? I was soo relieved to get off the platform!

Peace *Goes into kitchen and starts swigging martini straight from bottle*

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The cong started laughing... I had tears rolling down my face... The other kids on the platform were just staring at me!

Bastards!

I remember a story of a CA where a platform man had to come on to adjust a mike or something. There was a small thin hedge of plants at the front of the platform so he thought he would be unobtrusive by crawling on his hands and knees to do the job. Didn't work. - hilarious!

• Pams girl
  • watersprout
    watersprout

Bastards!

Very true! I was a little girl... It was soo humiliating.

I remember a story of a CA where a platform man had to come on to adjust a mike or something. There was a small thin hedge of plants at the front of the platform so he thought he would be unobtrusive by crawling on his hands and knees to do the job. Didn't work. - hilarious!

LOL! I would have loved to have seen that!

Peace

• faundy
    faundy

One memorial night, there was a visit from an ex witness called Jamie who had had a sex change and now went by the name Elizabeth. She got onto the platform and managed to start shouting about how the witnesses are evil and prejudiced, etc but she didn't get very far before being bundled off the stage by three or four brothers, one of whom was my dad.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Amelia . . . that's not gross so much as bloody hilarious!

watersprout . . . what a heartless prick! . . . to publicly humiliate a child like that is typical of JW Authorities attitude to children . . . very uncaring!

teel . . . you reminded me of a situation that developed in an old congo many years ago. The next door neighbours had been "at war" with the congo ever since the hall was built . . . they hated the cars piling up on the street outside on a regular basis, as the hall had very little off-street parking.

During the watchtower study, every time the paragraph was read there was a loud drum roll and clash of symbols from next door, and then silence while the question was read. The timing was impeccable but most just assumed it was coincidental. Until we got to about paragraph four . . . and there it was again right on cue. It then dawned on one of the brothers what was happening. We had recently set up the phone-in system and the teenage lad next door had secured himself a hookup and was listening to the program on his headset . . . and providing the musical accompaniment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit