Job interview tips

by d 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Lie. A lot!

THEY lie when they tell you all the good things they have to offer and all the advancements you can expect.

They will fuck you up.

So play their game and lie.

It's all Bible-Based(tm).

Farkel

• d
    d

I just came back from the interview and I feel confident that I will get the job. I will be working at a camp for people with mental disabilities.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Good d. I'm glad it went well!

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Good thing you DIDN'T see Farkel's advice before you went.... LOL

Farkel's the man, no one can lie Farkel can!

• talesin
    talesin

woo hoo!! good on ya, and keep us posted.

t

• d
    d

I am supposed to get a phone call Tuesday. I am currently a thank you letter.

• d
    d

I am writing a thank you letter. But wonder should I email it or send it over by hand?

• d
    d

BY the way I might be working with two Jehovah Witnesses. What should I do?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Did you review the Awake! magazine of June 2011, pg. 26-27?

• 21stcenturywoman
    21stcenturywoman

I did not read all of the previous posts, so I might repeat some of the tips. I interview people on a daily basis. Here are few pointers:

• Research the company on the internet. You should know exactly what type of services the company provides and be able to articulate this to the interviewer.
    • Be concise with your answers. Those who ramble are very annoying, and do not go very far in the interview process.
    • Prepare answers that are commonly asked.
    • If you were ever fired, do not divulge that info. It is illegal for your former employers to volunteer that info to a potential employer.
    • BE ON TIME!
    • Have a firm handshake. Limp handshakes are unappealing.
    • Do not say anything negative about your former employers.
    • Try not to discuss salary until at least the second or third interview. (This will depend on what type of position/role it is.)
    • Dress professionally.
    • Email or mail a "Thank You" letter after the interview. Emails are perfectly suitable nowadays.

Best wishes to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit