Confused about something....

by faundy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The thing is, how come she won't talk to me unless she has to, when the 'sin' of being gay is nowhere near as serious, according to Witnesses, as apostasy?

Have you tried asking her?

You never know, having a heart to heart might help the two of you come to a greater understanding of each other. I had the pleasure of chatting to your Dad when he was still alive, and I'm sure he'd love to see the two of you be close, regardless of your sexuality or spiritual beliefs.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I don't think asking her is a good idea because it is not likely to make her rethink her position with you, it is only likely to make her rethink her position with your mom. There are things I won't ask my sister for that very reason so I just suck it up and am there for her when I can be. It sucks but she's my sister and I love her so I do what I have to do and accept that there are questions I will likely never have answers to. ;)

• faundy
    faundy

Jackie, what's going on with CAD? Can't log in :(

It's not a big loss to me with regards to my sister, she annoys me if anything and we have nothing in common, although she's not a bad person or anything. I'm just sad that the baby will be allowed to Grandma's house, but not to "naughty Auntie Stephanie's house."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey ((Faundy!))..

JW`s are Homophobic..In You case..Lesbophobic..LOL!!..

Tell you Mom I said Hi!..

mutley-ani1.gif image by GeneralWaco ...OUTLAW

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Steph... sorry I didn't get back to you, I left to pick up my grandparents and didn't see your post. CAF seems to be having some type of database error. We'll pick up the game where we left off once it's back up. In the mean time you can needle people over at madmoose, if you'd like. ;)

Jackie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jehovah's Witnesses, just to survive, practice all sorts of hypocricy. Note for instance, the few JW apologists who justify visitng this site contrary to their organizatoin's explicit prohibition. They want to; they'll find a way to do it. Point the error out, though, and they retreat in to their shell. Never pretty. You want your sister to keep visitng your mom, yes?

• chickpea
    chickpea

same as everyone else... that is probably one rock you dont want to look under....
    maybe she will soften after the baby is born... hard to say, so dont count on it....

too bad for the kid.... about to be a " born-in" ...

just so ya know.... if you think being gay is a b!tch
    for the faithful to handle.... you might want to chat
    with my transgender son.... that blew their minds!

• Maze
    Maze

Nothing has changed regarding Jehovah's Witnesses and the disfellowshipping arrangement in the last 5, 10, 30 years. Jehovah's Witnesses are not homophobic. There's a marginal difference between their view on homosexuality and other forms of immorality.

g 12/10 p. 22 How Can I Explain the Bible’s View of Homosexuality?

As illustrated in the above scenario, few events create more media buzz than when a celebrity comes out as being gay, lesbian, or bisexual. Some people praise such ones for their courage; others condemn them for their debauchery. Between the two extremes, many view homosexuality as nothing more than an alternative lifestyle. “When I was in school,” says Daniel, 21, “even straight kids felt that if you had a problem with the idea of homosexuality, you were prejudiced and judgmental.”

What is the Bible’s view of homosexuality? If you live by the Bible’s moral code, how can you respond to those who label you prejudiced, judgmental, or even homophobic? Consider the following questions and possible responses.

What does the Bible say about homosexuality? The Bible makes it clear that God designed sex to be engaged in only between a male and a female and only within the arrangement of marriage. (Genesis 1:27, 28; Leviticus 18:22; Proverbs 5:18, 19) When the Bible condemns fornication, it is referring to both homosexual and heterosexual conduct.—Galatians 5:19-21.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Around here, usually apostacy is the worst sin of all. Nothing trumps it.

However, you are "guilty" of 2 things--"choosing" to be gay and (presumably) having sex.

That and her cult-shriveled brain just can't reckon a way to act around someone who "does that".

Small people, they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit