Do You Covet the Attributes of Some Posters?

by snowbird 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No. I'm content with who I am.

W

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I've learned so much, from so many on this board.......I can't even begin to say.

Even Alice/Rachel/Consfearacy/Spade/SuperSpook.......and now Maze:

It's the first time in my life I've ever stood up for myself and been vocal about standing up for others. And I don't read WT literature anymore, so it's posts have helped me learn the critical thinking abilities I lacked as a JW.

• talesin
    talesin

Hmmm, interesting.

Learning from others, doesn't mean I'm not happy with myself. Always learning, growing, evolving, is how I like it, and I hope that never changes.

The sun illuminates only the eye of the man, but shines into the eye and the heart of the child. ~ Emerson

t

• Terry
    Terry

Terry is embarassed.

My brain is barely average. The only advantage, as such, that I have is in trying to completely rethink things from the ground up.

If you get rid of automatically accepting your own premises it is amazing what falls away and what new view pops up for you to see.

There are so many posters here on JWD who have fresh and amazing angles of view that I can't keep track of them all. If I were organized I would keep

a folder with snippets of thought from each of you and put it all in an album for keeps!

For example. Now don't laugh....I was reading a very old Topic started by PERRY (of all people) about MALAWI and MEXICO because I had started my own thread and wanted to see what others had said in the past.

Well, right away I learned something I HAD NEVER HEARD BEFORE! The Watchtower Society had registered itself as a CULTURAL ORGANIZATION in MEXICO and not a religious one so that it could OWN its own Kingdom Hall and property! This is mind blowing because the brothers and sisters were told not to PRAY or carry BIBLES!! This went on until 1989.

See what I mean? If I had just dismissed everything connected to PERRY because of his reputation here and now as a troll I would not know the above.

WE CAN LEARN from everybody something useful.

It is very very hard to UNFREEZE our own brain once we think we KNOW somebody. People we don't get along with and don't like can teach us more

than any of our best friends.

Thanks for all the great comments every one of you!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Covet is the word, Broken Promises.

Not covert - out of sight.

Peace and tranquility to you.

Syl

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Miz Sylvie (the greatest of love and peace to you!)... and while I understand what you're asking, I have to say, no. Now, I absolutely do APPRECIATE many of the attributes of many posters here. For example, your southern charm, graciousness, and sweetness. Tec's "kind" demeanor. Watersprout's tendency to lift my spirits. PSacto, Chalam, and others' faith and tenacity. Farkel, Terry, Leolaia, Nickolas, and others' intellect. Outlaw's loyalty, humor, candor, and love. Everyone's love, when it is manifest, actually. And certainly everyone's tolerance of things that are different, unfamiliar, even opposing to what they know/believe.

BUT... I have spent more than 50 years being "me"... and have come to terms with... and accepted... "all" that I am. The good, the bad, the ugly... the not-so-ugly. Unlike where I was headed while in the WTBTS, I have come to love, even like, myself. All of me, as I am. Which is contrary to where they wanted to take me. Would I change anything? Probably, but only if it allowed me to still be me.

The one thing I appreciate about this board is that, in some senses, it helps me to appreciate the Body of Christ... that not all "members" have the same function... or attributes... but aggregated, make up the entire "person." This is in GREAT contrast to the Borg, which has a goal of making all the same "person," without deviation. A stepford Body. That is not the Christ, however, which is why the personalities chosen for his apostles were SO different! Peter WAS Peter... because. Thomas WAS Thomas, because. Yet, Peter was not Thomas.

I know, I know... you didn't ask for all of this, but I'm only sharing it to explain why I DON'T covet others' attributes, but just accept my own. I don't think I could stand it if we were all... ummmmmm... hands. Or eyes. Or feet.

Great question, dear one, and thanks for asking it. Again, peace to you and yours!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• snowbird
    snowbird

Miz Shebbie!!!

Syl

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, I got some mentions! Awesome. Blondie, for breaking the finger of a serial toucher. An elegant lady that you do not want to piss off. I admire the succinct description of the failures of the WTBTS by new poster, Slidin Fast.

• jair_irwin
    jair_irwin

Koolaid man for his bombastic sensationalism!!! lol...j/k

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Covet is the word, Broken Promises.

Not covert - out of sight.

Whatever - spelin's not my beste suit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit