Do You Covet the Attributes of Some Posters?

by snowbird 52 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Aren't those two awesome?

Syl

• Terry
    Terry

There are some incredible people on this board and it isn't fair for me to play favorites but even the people I don't particularly get along with

are fine people with strong convictions who express themselves with a great sense of life.

I like the fact that if any of us goes too far there is always somebody who will reach out and pull us back to reality.

You'd never get the kind of reality in a Kingdom Hall that you get here. No fakes smiles and false comraderie on JWN.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well Terrys brain would be good - or Leolaias

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

It's a damn shame that we can make more meaningful relationships on this board than can be made in a Kingdom Hall. It's sad really.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

There's so many posters I envy when it comes to various qualities. Terry's courage to go head first questioning certain things that most people simply don't have the tenacity and endurance to explore.

Undercover's reasonableness and level headedness. There's been some heated threads I've been a part of and I wish I would have had the level headedness he has when it comes to debating and discussing inflammatory topics. He's like an online ice-pack.

JamesWoods, when it comes to political discussions. He sticks to his guns when it comes to what he believes in, but he's not so rigid that he can't see the other side. That's more than I can say regarding some of our conservative political trolls. There's a part of me that doesn't believe they've ever been associated with JWs and they use this forum to seek out potential voters.

There's others but the Tanqueray and Ziti is hindering my thinking ability.

• talesin
    talesin

stilla!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I want Terry's ability to put thought-provoking ideas into words and pump out one exercise in logic after another.....

• blondie
    blondie

I covet Outlaw's way with a picture and a pithy word.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Covert is an old fashioned word. It's a word that associated with Christians.

I don't "covert" anyone's abilities. We all have abilities in different fields. Someone might be an incredible gardener, but we'd never know it here. Someone might be an amazing cook, but how would we know? Someone else might be the kindest person you'll ever meet, but they're so busy looking after other people they don't have much time to post here.

Personally, I don't like "favourite poster" threads. It usually promotes those who are popular in certain circles while those who have great qualities are ignored.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't covet or emulate anybody here. I just try to be me. That's hard enough. If you knew me, you'ld agree;)

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit