The treasure I just now found ...

by compound complex 28 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings!

Wishing all of you a happy Sunday. !

This morning I was unpacking family heirlooms that have been some six months in storage. In the bottom of a cranberry glass dessert dish was what I took to be a tiny curtain ring. Without much thought, I slipped it over my left pinky, figuring I'd look a little closer when I put my glasses on.

Upon closer examination I discovered it was engraved with stars and swirls. Taking it off, I looked at the band's interior and read "14K" and "All My Love ***"

The *** was my dad's name.

I have just found my mom's long lost wedding ring.

I had to tell you ... Wish I could tell Mom and Dad....

Love,

CoCo

• chickpea
    chickpea

lovely! i wish you could tell them too

i am just beginning a massive project of renovation and organization and expect to have many such surprises!

fair play coco...

cheers

c/p

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Chickpea, for posting!

The element of discovery and surprise helps alleviate the pain of the all too many moves I've made in the last decade. May your redo go well!

All the best to you and yours.

CoCo

• Quentin
    Quentin

Thanks for sharing CoCo, that's the best thing I've read today. Several years ago I inherited my Dad's foot locker. In the bottom found two Army medals. A Purple Heart and Bronze Medal ( WWII ). Didn't even know he had them. There was a third I've never been able to ID. Dad was never much about talking of his achievements. He served in Patton's Third Army in an supply unit called Th Red Ball Express, can only guess how and why he received the awards.

When you go through things it's always a thrill to make a discovery.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Aw wow CoCo how wonderful is that? Thanks for sharing it with us.

Loz x

• snowbird
    snowbird

How wonderful a find, CoCo!

Syl

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Wow! How cool is that? Sweet of you to share it with us.made me smile.Thanks...

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

That's great CoCo! Awesome find.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Quentin, Lozhasleft, Syl, Aquagirl and Sooner:

I came home from a wonderful choral concert and now find your equally wonderful and much appreciated replies on this thread! Thank you so much. Likewise, for sharing your own experiences in like discoveries (wow, Quentin!).

A while back at an ice cream bar, an elderly patron and I got to talking about family. He remarked how stern and lacking in affection his German father had always been. Some unspecified period of time after his father's death, the son discovered his father's journal.

Within those pages the boy-turned-old-man read how proud his father had been of his son and how much he had loved him.

Gratefully,

CoCo

• talesin
    talesin

CoCo,, and Quentin,

truly, treasures!

thank you for sharing with us, it does warm my heart

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit