Did Noah have a pet dinosaur?

by Resistance is Futile 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sizemik
    sizemik

still thinking . . . I don't mean to be picky . . . but did you allow for mortality in those figures?

• still thinking
    still thinking

zddina

There's some evidence that T-Rex might have been a fore-runner of today's chickens - now that's what I'd call ironic!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha No but seriously, I am expecting my bedsheets to evolve into a matress any day now.

• still thinking
    still thinking

sizemik considering they lived for hundreds of years and had many more children than just 3 girls each...I think that figure is quite conservative.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Stll Thinking, it is painfully clear that you would rather continue worshipping a Johnny-Come-Lately Middle Eastern male volcano god than to go through the time and effort that I've gone thru to get a solid feel for the realities of geologic and paleontologic sciences...

Let me try to state it as simply as possible... This 'god' that you worship was cobbled together from various Middle-Eastern mythologies by a group of MIDDLE EASTERN MALES with the same approximate mentality as the Ayatollah Kohmeini, the Taliban, the Al Khaida, Osama bin Laden, and any other misogynistic Middle Eastern male you'd care to name.

So, you're putting yourself into the hands of a group of men that you'd be thoroughly repulsed by, if you ever actually MET them...

Regarding your instant dismissal of scientific evidence, as I stated earlier, I recommend that you pick up books on the subject of GEOLOGY, get the road guides I've mentioned, HIKE over the formations listed, JOIN A ROCK OR GEOLOGY club, visit ALL of the geology, paleontology, archaeology, and gem/mineral museums, displays and sites in your area - and beyond...

After you've done ALL of the above, you might have a clue as to how hard the scientists work to obtain their information, and just how much more collective knowledge THEY have on the subject, than YOU do.

And THEN, and ONLY AFTER you've done ALL of that - and it will take you YEARS, BY THE WAY, then you can come back here and yammer about how the "scientists" don't know what they're talking about...

• unshackled
    unshackled

Was just reading JW Facebook page that Lunatic Faith referenced in another thread: Facebook, JWs and paranoia

On that page there is reference to an article called " T.Rex Toddler Answers Noah's Ark Questions " Give it a read, it's hilarious. In summary, the suggestion is that Noah took baby dinos on the Ark...that way they could fit! *face palm*

Further, the article was introduced with this gem...
    "Editor's note: I personally think Jehovah did not bring many of the "Dinosaurs" to Noah so that they would die off as species since their purpose as giant lawnmowers would no longer be needed after the Flood. Interesting article below though."

So there it is...jehovah created dinosaurs to be "giant lawnmowers".

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Greetings,

Maybe the whole thing was ancient alien visits, it's no less plausible than the Bible account, as the Bible stories have no external verification, I think that all theories are on the table!

Star Tiger

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, and one other thing, Still "Thinking"...

Don't bother trying to convince me that a Middle-Eastern 'god' whose name only occurs within the last 3,000 to maybe 3,500 years had ANYTHING to do with the origins of life, which would have occurred 3 BILLION years ago...

The time lines don't even begin to match...

If you're looking for one of the OLDEST deities worshipped by humanity, there's the Berekhat Ram figurine - over TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND years old - but it's a figurine of a GODDESS...!!!!!!

And ironically, it was found in Israel...

And even that deity is far too young to have been the "originator of 'life'..."

• still thinking
    still thinking

Ziddina......I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. It is something that is interesting me at the moment and I am putting my thoughts out. Nothing I am saying is set in stone.....unlike your fossils....

Your personal interest in studying fossils and rocks is fine. But it is only one small peice of the evolution puzzle. I am trying to look at the big picture.

I am trying not to be too narrow minded. Why limit yourself to that theory which you seem to hold to such high esteem? There are soooo many other sciences involved in the theory of evoulution. Are you going to study them all in depth to support your claims?

If you do, you may discover that they do not support your theory as much as you think.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Ziddina

Regarding your instant dismissal of scientific evidence

That statement is not valid either. How does listening to or reading theories of other scientist dismiss scientific evidence? I am open to what scientists have to say. But it has to add up...thats what real science is about.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hear dinosaurs tasted like chicken.

In this case, that cliche is true. Noah waited until they evolved into birds long before the time of the flood..

But I don't know what happened to the unicorns and the dragons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit