Circuit Overseer talking Ray Franz in talk this morning (Phone number included)

by LightsOut 51 Replies latest jw friends

• LightsOut
    LightsOut

I'm still a semi member of the KH but not at all active and have major doubts when I started reading all kinds of opposing literature. Talked to elders about this and also my father but my father but he still believes it's the "truth".

Anyways jist of this story is I gave my father a copy of "crisis of conscience". It's been about two months since I gave it to my father and he has not said a peep about the book...he calls me up yesterday to tried and told me I might be interested in Sunday mornings meeting (my meeting attendance has been bad) He said he was out in service with the circuit overseer this week and that the CO is going to be giving a talk Sunday morning with "some" of the topic on Ray Franz. (hmm wonder why...ha ha)

Anyways I don't know how much is going to touch the subject or not but this is the first talk I actually have been interested in hearing in a long time....I wonder how they try to spin this one. or If they try to spin it..who know...regardless I have the KH call in number if anybody is interested in hearing the talk.

Talk starts at 10:00 AM Eastern (about an hour from now)

phone number is:

7 4 0 5 7 1 4 1 8 9

code to punch in is:

7 4 0 5 9 5

It's a small hall so I don't know how many people can be on the line at once.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Cue 50 people call the number and crash the phoneline LOL.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

and you do know this pinpoints you to a town in Ohio? You may be better taking the number down and sharing by PM if this bothers you.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

The CO is probably going to say that Ray was a manifestation of Satan.

• Mary
    Mary
    He said he was out in service with the circuit overseer this week and that the CO is going to be giving a talk Sunday morning with "some" of the topic on Ray Franz.

I guarantee there will be nothing positive said about Ray in the CO's talk and he will be referred to as being part of the "evil slave class", "demonized", "possessed", "wanting a following of his own", etc. etc. First of all, I doubt he'll even name Ray, because there are alot of young Dubs who were born long after CoC and they are probably not even aware of what happened at Crooklyn in 1980-81. All someone has to do is Google his name and presto, the Borg's embarassing past is laid out for all to read.

Second, you do realize that if your father told the CO that you gave him a copy of Crisis of Conscience, you've left yourself wide open to the possibility of getting disfellowshipped right?

• snowbird
    snowbird

That's what I'm thinking, Mary.

I'm willing to bet his papa dear didn't let his shirttail hit his fanny before running to the CO with that information.

Syl

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I suspect the CO will probably not even mention Franz by name.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm curious if this is part of the current CO's Public Talk, or Sunday Service Talk, or what?

No one else has mentioned any such topic during a CO's visit.

Anyone else have the CO recently?

• LightsOut
    LightsOut

I already told the elders that I read Ray's book. My dad wanted to read it to see why I feel some of the ways I do about the organization.

No Idea if he told the elders or CO that he has read the book or I gave it to him. Nobody has confronted me.

Not worried about the number pinpointing location. They will probably happy to add 50 people in attendance. CO is probably giving talk on my behalf, so whats the difference if he's talking to you guys as well. Isn't it still the same thing...WITNESSING. Not like u guys can come in and go crazy on the congregation through the phone line. I'm taking the phone line down now any one that wants it PM

• LightsOut
    LightsOut

never mind too late.

I think this talk is for our congregation..not a wide talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit