Do you ever look back and cringe...

by laverite 25 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I now cringe at the stupid cult stuff I said during a high school speech. Everyone should have rightly concluded that I was a brainwashed zealot.

• itsacult2
    itsacult2

Hi Broken promises, Don't degrade yourself. Developing social contacts is just a skill like anything else. A manual skill. It just takes practice. it's like finding common interests. It's like risking to talk with people. Seeing it as a challenge. Seeing that excitment about meeting someone new as a positive. It's not a negative. It just reprogramming your thought process. It just a skill like learning how to tie your shoes.

Best,

• d
    d

yes I do and yes I do have some regrets.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

My queue was door-in-the-face, otherwise it was a free for all trying to jam the literature and a quick text down the householder's throat.

All of my time out on FS was cringe worthy because I could've been watching cartoons or playing or doing anything remotely amusing but I was instead "saving lives."

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yes, some of it makes me cringe when I think about it. How self-righteous I was, how arrogant. It's rather embarrassing to think about it now.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I just tell them I'm a Jehovah's Witness and have the watchtower title in full view of the house holder. Works every time.hehe

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

my whole life is just one big long cringe

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I hated the door to door work & on my fade I didn't want to talk to anyone anyway as I knew deep down I didn't believe what I was expected to tell the householder.

Often I was 'encouraged' to go out with an elder in FS which I did until I had the backbone to say NO.

It still makes me cringe at how confrontational some elders were in their ministry.

A elderly lady came to her door & said her husband had just died & she really wasn't up to talking. So this 'loving shepherd' asked her if she thought her husbad had gone to heaven & started to bible bash her to show her that he hadn't. I wanted the ground to open up.

Also I found that when the householders closed the doors the JW's were very loud laughing at what the householders had just said. On one occasion just before my exit I walked away from the group of JWs as their giggling & laughing echoed around the houses.

I cringe even now thinking how rude, ignorant & self righteous we must have seemed to the residents.

Hoab

• donny
    donny

I do regret the crap I put my non-JW parents through. I would often marginalize their experiences they encountered at their church and insist that it was all in vain because we had the truth. I am so thankful they did not reciprocate when I left the Borg.

• cantleave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit