• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Gentlemen Only Ladys Forbidden...

...or as its called today GOLF!

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Gentlemen Only Ladys Forbidden...
    ...or as its called today GOLF!
    I believe Bizzy Bee might take umbrage to that statement! A few years ago, I would have, too. Think I'll polish up my out-of-date Patty Bergs. LADIES LOVE GOLF!
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Ladies have indeed made their presence felt on the golf course!

Back to Terry's original question - I am currently reading The Story of American Freedom by Eric Foner. The word "freedom" has many meanings and contexts. TOTAL FREEDOM is perhaps an oxymoron.

Off to the links with Mr Bee!

What total freedom?

• journey-on
    journey-on

I agree that there is no such thing as "Total Freedom".

There is always something that limits us or constrains us.

I think of some I have known that have had amazing talent, intelligence, and ambition, but were held back because of their religion, finances, fears, doubts, and insecurities. You can obtain "freedom from something" but TOTAL FREEDOM is elusive.

So, Terry, what are your personal limitations? List them, then go from there.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Go away touring the country in a caravan for the summer and enjoy the great outdoors.

• Terry
    Terry

All good suggestions!

Today I went with my family to Scarborough Fair (Renaissance Festival) and it was a blast. The temperature was a fantastic 72 degrees IN TEXAS!!

Yesterday I hung out in the fresh air in front of Starbucks while reading The Talented Mr.Ripley by Patricia Highsmith (great book) and then took on of my daughters to MACARONIS for lunch.

I worked on a new piece of music when I got home. (Still working on releasing that elusive Cd!)

Today I footraced my kids back to the car in the festival parking lot and discovered I can still run! (Won by 1 centimeter!)

This made me think I might take up jogging again. When I leved in California (a million years back) I ran 6 miles a day in Redondo Beach.

I would like to get back in shape!

That book I've been working on (off and on, on and off) has been at a standstill for too long. I'm going to do at least a chapter a day.

These are all great ideas and by golly---I can't wait to get started.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Dangit Terry. I came in the bookstore a few days ago and you were working the sale counter. I had told my wife about you and she wanted to meet you so since you were busy at the sale counter we browsed the store waiting on you to get done. By the time we went back and checked you had gone to lunch. Now what am I going to do?

I guess we'll just have to buy you dinner or something.

• eva luna
    eva luna

I'd get a map, thumbtack it to the wall and get my darts out. Close my, eyes and throw.

I imagine I would need to learn a new language.. Get the Rosseta Stone, and my oldest grandchild or likeminded child.

Take the time and enjoy learning the language with them and GO. Stay in places , like hostels were you are in touch with people. Make it cheap ,,, the longer the better.

Bring pen, water colors, stamps and moleskines. No one needs to tell you what to do with them....smile..

Enjoy yourself, Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit