What do we do with TOTAL FREEDOM?

by Terry 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

I left my cushy job at the bookstore and I'm totally free of employment responsibilities for the first time in millions of years.

I guess I'm now retired.

I can sleep as late as I want to but my body won't let me. My eyes pop open automatically waaaaay too early.

I can go where I want. But, where do I want to go?

The question now becomes: WHAT DO WE DO WITH TOTAL FREEDOM?

Oh sure, I'll save the baby harp seals and make the earth green and feed the starving and cure cancer and all that (its a given) but,

otherwise.......I dunno.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

As the song says: Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose........

• journey-on
    journey-on

Take all the fragments of your Life Puzzle and start putting them together, piece by piece, and focus on how they are connected.

Or....connect all your dots to see what your Big Picture is so far.

Then, figure out what pieces and/or dots are yet missing.

Or, just get about saving the planet or baby harp seals.

• Violia
    Violia

Work part time at the bookstore or volunteer.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Organize a seminar.

Become a motivational speaker. (You have excellent communication skills as far as the written word goes, but I have never heard you speak. If your voice is as good as your written word, you would be superb!)

• journey-on
    journey-on

Become a substitute teacher. Even if you don't have a full 4-year degree, you can sub.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Get a degree!

Or, just audit some university classes.

Sorry....ideas are bombarding me!!!!!!!!!

• talesin
    talesin

You're a gifted writer. Ever think about pursuing art? or music? I've observed that many who are gifted in one creative art, have unexplored talents in the others.

t

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Read.

Spend time with family.

Put time into physical health - gym, walking, sports, diet. (The older we get, the more time it takes to stay fit and healthy.)

Travel.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I know your question was: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? (I'm assuming you mean 'you' in the general sense.)

Get involved in a political campaign for your favorite candidate!

• Quentin
    Quentin

Become a motivational speaker. (You have excellent communication skills as far as the written word goes, but I have never heard you speak. If your voice is as good as your written word, you would be superb!) ...... His speaking skills are superb.

You're a gifted writer. Ever think about pursuing art? or music? I've observed that many who are gifted in one creative art, have unexplored talents in the others...... He does.

Put time into physical health - gym, walking, sports, diet. (The older we get, the more time it takes to stay fit and healthy.).....There's no question about that..

Three excellent alternatives of what to do next. Perhaps a combination even..... Or, you could become like me. Shave about once a week, shower, or bathe about every ten days or so. Spend the rest of the time doing what? Hmmmm, that's a good question. One thing you do not want to do is become a hermit like me. That will kill YOU quicker than my present condition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit