Are intelligent people less likely to believe in God?

by Snoozy 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

Education is the key, if you study enough, you acquire enough knowledge to make a reasoned judgement on matters. Intelligence is not that important,what stops many people from gaining knowledge is laziness, even many intelligent people do not make enough effort, and so their views are skewed.

As the Internet does its educational work around the world over the years, I would expect religions to founder, and belief in God to diminish greatly.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I thought I posted this, but I guess the post didn't go through...anyways...here are some fairly intelligent people that beleive in God and have some schooling ;)

philosophers: Alvin Plantinga (University of Notre Dame), Peter van Inwagen (University of Notre Dame), the late William Alston (University of Syracuse), Richard Swinburne (Oxford University), Robert Adams (University of North Carolina), Dean Zimmerman (Rutgers University); scientists: Francisco Ayala (highly decorated evolutionary biologist), Allan Sandage (world’s most famous astronomer), Christopher Isham (called Britain’s greatest quantum cosmologist), George Ellis (once described as the person who knows more about cosmology than any man alive), Francis Collins (head of the human genome project); historical Jesus scholars: John Meier (author of a multi-volume study of the historical Jesus), N. T. Wright (another writer of prodigious works on Jesus), James D. G. Dunn (highly regarded scholar at the University of Durham), Craig Evans (first class Canadian historical Jesus scholar).

Galations 6:3 "For if anyone thinks thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind."

Isaiah 55:8, "For the thoughts of YOU people are not my thoughts nor are my ways YOUR ways."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit