New video: Is Jesus Your Mediator?

by RayPublisher 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
    baltar447

Good video. However in the future I'd really suggest not sounding condecending or sarcastic when reading the WT quotes, makes it sound like you're making fun of it, and might turn off any borderline JW.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ leavingwt - good point.

@ baltar447 - I think the team was trying to take a page from WT Comments. Their videos are so amazing and the sarcasm was used freely. But you are right, some will be turned off. However if they have made the leap to go to website and actually think for themselves, they may hear it out.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ leavingwt - good point.

@ baltar447 - I think the team was trying to take a page from WT Comments. Their videos are so amazing and the sarcasm was used freely. But you are right, some will be turned off. However if they have made the leap to go to websites, read the books, etc, and actually think for themselves, they may hear it out.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Excellent !!

During the time of my baptism this was pointed out to me. I felt disappointed, but only for a short while. Not knowing any better I excepted it...

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yeah, I remember when I first stumbled upon that. I was amazed. I told my wife about it and she did not believe me, I had her mom read that book Worldwide Security and even after that she still said that Jesus was her mediator.

My wife read the QFR in the 1989 WT concerning it where it gave a very verbose explanation and she said, "I GET IT!!!" Jesus mediates for the 144,000 like Moses did with his priests and they mediate for us.

Sad really, I don't think she truly grasps the implications for that.

Come to the WT for salvation, only the WT can interpret the Bible for you, everyone outside the WT is lost, etc..

• doubtful
    doubtful

RayPublisher,

Good stuff man.

Make it a priority to cut out completely all condescending or sarcastic tones from your video. The guy reading the WT quotes sounded like a little weasel, and I know that was intentional. Yet, one of the big hang-ups for JWs is that they believe apostates are evil pawns of Satan...and that the "brothers and sisters" are the most kind and loving people on earth. So, if you say or do anything to reinforce that presupposition, then the result will be that they will be totally turned off to your message..they'll likely close out the internet window, and perhaps even unplug their computer to disinfect it from the demonic influence! Lol.

And NEVER ask the question.. "Is this really so?"....That'll just remind them of what the Serpent asked Eve in Eden and that's all it will take for them to make the mental leap between you as an individual and Satan incarnate.

• trillaz
    trillaz

I looked at one of the WT publications mentioned in the video. This contradictory gem is right there in plain view

*** ws chap. 1 p. 10 par. 16 The Desire for Peace and Security Worldwide ***
    It is as the apostle Paul wrote to his Christian fellow worker: “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5) Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general? No, he was the mediator between the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the nation of their fleshly descendants. Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind.

Basically, they are saying that you should not beleive the Bible saying Jesus was a ransom for all. His perfect blood sacrifice was only good for 144k and Jesus is *only* a greater Moses, Moses being born a fleshly sinful man.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The video is good, but I feel it does not completely explain the WT doctrine.

The WT believes that Jesus gave his life for HIS BRIDE, and that THE BRIDE OF CHRIST

is an entity made up of 144,000 spirit-anointed human beings.

This BRIDE CLASS, according to the WT, have a share in the salvation (redeemption) of

all mankind.

This might be a fairly bullet-proof 'bible-based™" argument if it wasn't for one thing: the

WT also believes that there is a sub-group with the ranks of the 144,000 spirit-anointed

human beings; a sub-group called "the faithful and discreet slave." The WT organization

has made it clear that it does not believe the "ordinary" spirit-annointed human being has

a place in running god's organization, just the ones who happen to be living at bethel HQ.

There is absolutely no scriptural basis for this teaching, but it is gulped down without examination,

like fly-and-maggot soup.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

By the way, I'm an atheist. I'm just trying to point out a flaw in the WT doctrine that a sincere theist may wish to spend some time exploring.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

well.... I'd say if the bible was written for the 144000 then any JW should be able to do anything without censure from the Geriatric Buffoonery.

"oh no! i can sin all i like...coz that only applies to you!"

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit