I'm a JW...HERE ME WHINE!!!

by scooterspank 24 Replies latest jw friends

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

If you have to ask the governing body how to wipe your ass, you don't have time to be happy.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

why is everyone in the KH on anti-depressants if Jeh's people are such a happy people?

Do you really think the percentage of those on meds is any higher in the cong than it is on this board??

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They want to slow down and rest. They can't because they think the moment they do, Jar-Hoover will lovingly kill them at armageddon.

They live in delusional hope afraid to wake up to reality.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    Do you really think the percentage of those on meds is any higher in the cong than it is on this board??

From my own personal experience, yes... While I was still in, I was depressed and at some points suicidal. I've been on a few different anti-depressants over the years. When I stopped attending the meetings, I started weaning myself off my meds. It's been almost a year and I haven't needed them at all. I have my down days just like everyone else, but for the most part, I'm happy and I'm my genuine self now instead of a shell of the person I should have been. I feel alive instead of just existing. I know there have been quite a few cases of those who had to be on meds while in, but once they left they were fine.

Many of the JW's I know whine because after everything they have to do in order to "keep in step with Jehovah's Organization", they don't have time or energy to do what they need to do in order to live. One girl I know pioneered out of high school instead of going to college like she had wanted to. She works multiple jobs and pioneers. She comes home and gets her ass chewed out because she didn't clean, didn't study, isn't making her pioneer hours...whatever her mother feels like bitching about that day. She gets yelled at or grounded if she doesn't make her pioneer hours for the month. It's friggin' ridiculous. I've said it time and again...the hours a JW puts in service should be between them and Jehovah, not anyone else. One thing I despised about this cult was that people felt it was up to them to police everyone else. It's not up to her dad to get all pissed about a commitment SHE MADE as an ADULT and one that should be her business alone. But, he's an elder and has to keep looking good with 2 kids pioneering and one heading toward MS-hood.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Rage against the machine. Many great Christians/evangelists have wept over the plight of the lost and share in love, time, energy (certainly not recording hours for a task master organization). Does the average JW work in love for God and the lost or do they seem to delight in rejection and knowing that the evildoers will be avenged with termination? In the natural, it is easy to turn people over to their plight, but those who know the grace and love of God should be broken for the lost. Evangelicals sometimes spend hours praying corporately for their cities, individuals, etc. I perceive that the WT says a cursory prayer, like thanks before a meal, but would know nothing about calling out to God in intercession, brokenness, etc. We have organizations that pray and seek God 24 hours/day and also go out and love and serve the community in practical ways in addition to preaching the gospel with passion and urgency. JWs are organized, but lifeless.

• talesin
    talesin

Desirous ....

I see your point, but mine is that folks on this board don't claim to be "jah's happy people".

Drink the Koolaid, put a smile on yr face, take yr meds and go do some door-knockin'. YUPPER!

It annoys me, too, that they discourage talk therapy, but it's okay to medicate for the rest of your life. Oh, that's right, therapy might actually getcha thinkin'!

t

• Reality79
    Reality79

Now that I'm out, I've really seen how JWs are throwing their lives away over nothing. It's sad. You can't even discuss having a "career" you have to talk about "jobs" and even then, some people will still judge you and ask if you ever plan to pioneer or do any other useless activity in "kingdom works". It pisses me off to see all those youngsters losing out on life.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes, and I am in a position to know.

I see facebook posts from them griping about having to get up so early to go to the meeting, complaining about the conventions, etc. etc. etc.

I also see a lot of this on Facebook.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Well most meetings are about what YOU CAN DO! YOU SHOULD DO! SHOULDN'T DO! Then you get the weird fellowship before or afterwards. there's always an elder that wants to shake your hand a bit longer than normal as if to say "Sooooo, where have you been? Haven't seen you in FS in a while." but not really say it out loud. Once I missed so many meetings a sister said "What congregation are y'all in now?" I laughed!

I told a brother "yeah, I was so busy at work training people for new software we've got coming in" He got sarcastic and said "Even on Saturday's?" (referencing my rare appearance to FS) I said "Hey! gotta put food on the table and keep the lights on" so HE says "I understand. It's difficult for all of us, but we don't want to let Satan's system make us focus too much on material gain. We don't want to be working overtime and then End come while we're working." (the balls on this guy) So I just said "Yeah, well I think Jehovah would understand that I'm providing for my family especially since my wife's a stay at home mom. Besides, the Society knows the End is coming, but that wouldn't stop them from keeping the Society running right? Imagine if they stopped all of the building work and spending money for conventions or asking for donations. They would eventually go broke right? And where would that put you? So if I don't do my job my kids don't get that physical food at the proper time...and that makes me worse than a wicked person, don't it? " SILENCE!

• flipper
    flipper

SCOOTERSANK- Good points. Good thread. I really feel that many JW's are starting to doubt the WT society within themselves - even if in private in their own minds without openly discussing it with others. There have been too many delays , too many new " generation " changes and people are just getting tired of unfulfilled promises by the WT society. They are exhausted and worn out and like you stated they sit there wondering how they've wasted their lives with no education or whatever. It's really sad. If only they'd just leave it they'd be so much happier and free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit