I'm a JW...HERE ME WHINE!!!

by scooterspank 24 Replies latest jw friends

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

I don't even know where to start. Every JW I still have contact with is poor, their health is bad, they're stressed out, they're unhappy people. They put on a good front but you can see the strained smiles, those distant looks into nowhere (or where their life could have gone). I see facebook posts from them griping about having to get up so early to go to the meeting, complaining about the conventions, etc. etc. etc. I want to tell them. Just stay home. What would happen? NOTHING!

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

reminds me of the carrot in front of the donkey

or the mouse in the wheel. always running and going nowhere

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I know. They can't live in the here and now and makes plans for life because, after all, the end is just around the corner. Their life is not their own. The hollow, distant look you see in their eyes is what is left when the borg sucks out their personality and brain.

• godrulz
    godrulz

This contrasts with the sense of joy, peace, power, abundant life, eternal life of Christians (though we also are not immune to depression, circumstances, issues, but His presence is with us vs a book study).

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

Entirely Possible...You hit the nail on the head!!! It's just a little sad when you see a glimpse of the personality and then WOOPS!!! back to boring (I mean borg)

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Many of these poor people have found a way to deal with their problems with the JWs. It's not your fault your finances are low, and your health sucks--Satan is behind it, he's persecuting you for your faith in Jehoober. There seemed to be an alarming lack of personal responsibility for one's own circumstances. I always felt weird for looking for rational reasons to why my life wasn't where I wanted it to be, instead of jumping to Satan like other r&f members.

• White Dove
    White Dove

They make no small deal about how poor they are and how poorly their health is, either.

Biggest complainers are JW's. But oh how they are sooo happy because they got their meeting/assembly/memorial fix.

It's like a drug.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Surely you are making a mistake scooterspank.

Just watch this wonderful video and you'll realise just HOW HAPPY JWs are.

http://www.jw-media.org/gbl/gbl04e.htm

Just look at all those smilling faces.

The last kingdom song of the day was:

I am h-a-p-p-y,

I am h-a-p-p-y,

I know I am,

I'm sure I am,

I am h-a-p-p-y.

urgh.

• talesin
    talesin

I asked my incubator once .... why is everyone in the KH on anti-depressants if Jeh's people are such a happy people?

lol,,, *sigh* "now don't be like that!" was the reply (iow 'don't make me THINK')

Nothing they hate more than a reality check.

It's really sad actually,,, very sad.

t

• steve2
    steve2

True, true, true say the witnesses. But in the new system we will be all smiles while wordly people and apostates will be gnashing their teeth.

It's amazing how the prospect of things to come can make people "happy" in their misery. Meanwhile, the rank and file continue to whine...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit