An update on my recent developments

by umadevi 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• umadevi
    umadevi

My last visit to Kingdom Hall was on Memorial Day. Since then I have decided skip to meetings and preaching. The CO and his wife visited my congo in the last week of April. He and an elder came to my working place to see me and said that he was 'concerned' as my attendance is not satisfactory. I told that I am struggling to handle my busy work schedule and my son's schooling. While it's true that I am stuggling to manage my time between my work and my son these are not the only reasons for not attending meeting.

I have started to think and reason on my own (which I have never done since I became JW) and I must admit that I don't agree with some of the WTS teachings - the blood issue, no higher education and giving top priority to preaching activity . Since then I have had the opportunity to read Ray Franz 'Crisis of Conscience' and 'Searching for Christian Freedom'. I have also visited many former JW sites and read their experiences. It broke my heart and I even cried when I read some of their stories. I have decided - It's better now than never. I was going to 'fade' away slowly. Easier said than done.

Last week I was required to submit my field service report. As I have a son I reported 4 hrs, 4 rvs and 0 magazines (via SMS). An elder contacted me and I gave him my standard excuse - busy work schedule. Now this week, 'Sister A' is calling me everyday and asking to meet me. Sister A is a kind, caring person and I have always enjoyed the times spent with her but she is also a fanatic JW. I have seen her shunning those don't give their best to Jehovah. So I figure the very reason she is contacting me now is to 'put me back on the right track'. I am trying to find the best answer to give her to stop pestering me without offending her.

Meanwhile 16th May is celebrated as Teacher's Day in my country. For the first time I agreed to my son's idea that he wants to make nice cards to give to his teachers (all 10 of them). His reaction was "How come you suddenly said 'Yes!'? Won't Jehovah God be displeased anymore if we celebrate Teacher's Day?". I told him Jehovah God will infact be pleased that he (my son) is showing appreciation to his teachers. I also said that Jehovah God has always been loving,caring and reasonable God. We are the ones who understood things wrongly in the past.

Thank you all friends who are on this site for your support and advice.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Now this week, 'Sister A' is calling me everyday and asking to meet me. Sister A is a kind, caring person and I have always enjoyed the times spent with her but she is also a fanatic JW. I have seen her shunning those don't give their best to Jehovah. So I figure the very reason she is contacting me now is to 'put me back on the right track'. I am trying to find the best answer to give her to stop pestering me without offending her.

Sorry, dearie, but the way you describe Sister A, she's going to be offended no matter what you say unles you're back at the kh and out in service. Just say, "I'm too busy", "There is no covenint time to meet you", "I'll call you when I have time". Be polite but firm.

• Reader1
    Reader1

When you're talking to her, just hang your head and say "I know" a lot. She'll eventually move on.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hi again, Umadevi!

As another single mother, can I suggest that you make sure your son is de-programmed? I mean, it seems you are fading quickly (and I can well understand that!), but maybe he's not at the same place after months or years of meetings, hearing about Armageddon etc. Perhaps it's all taken care of, but some kids are sensitive and it takes much less than that to give them nightmares about being out of Yahweh's shelter etc. My youngest was a sleepwalker.

Good luck with sister A! With my jw ladies when they got a bit heavy about meeting attendance I became unavailable (work) or "sick".

Retro

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hi umadevi

Sister A is a kind, caring person and I have always enjoyed the times spent with her but she is also a fanatic JW. I have seen her shunning those don't give their best to Jehovah

These two sentences totally contradict each other.

Sister A is not being a kind caring person......if she were, you wouldn't have seen her shunning people, who in her opinion, don't give their best to Jehovah.

Good on you for letting your son know its good to show his appreciation to his teachers. That is setting a much better example than Sister A's behaviour.

• jeckle
    jeckle

I feel for you but I personally won't let them tell me what to do, but I myst admit at 1st i did also find it hard how to handle what to say and how to say it. If you still love the bible duet. 18:22 should give you courage it does me.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think this idiot is trying recapture some of the flock, or is putting in some time that he doesn't want spending door to door .

You can clearly see the results of being brain washed by the WTS/JWS

whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

So 20571 how do you come to know Jehovah when you belong and support the most obviously corrupt

printing business with god's name attached to it ?

You sure you haven't placed yourself in a commercialized $ false religion instead of one that preaches accurate knowledge of truth

and your just be mentally exploited to proliferate the WTS. literature, which contains nothing but false religious teachings.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

umadevi, sadly it will be tough and you will hurt people whatever way you choose to leave. Keep in mind though that Sister A will not care about offending you if as soon as she thinks that you do not want to be part or her religion. She will be the first to go out of her way to treat you as dead.

"Remember who you vow to, one Jehovah, through one Jesus Christ, the true ones. Men, are just fellow workers, NOT your judge."

Sorry 20571pnt428571, but if you are a JW you did not vow to Jehovah and Jesus, rather you vowed to Jehovah, Jesus and the human governing body.

Watchtower 1985 June 1 p.30 "The first question is:

"On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:
    Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism."

If you don't want to be answerable to humans then you are in the wrong organisation.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

When you're talking to her, just hang your head and say "I know" a lot.

Or, better yet, when she asks you why you haven't been at the meetings, hang your head and say "I know a lot."

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

20571 is really sister A.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit