An update on my recent developments

by umadevi 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

UMADEVI.

Continue you're passive resistance. They'll keep coming to "help" you at first,( grit your teeth....) but little by little , that will slow down.

Keep pleading overworked. I bet no one will offer to come and give you a hand.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

To the OP.....Im so happy for you that you are beggining to think for yourself outside the influence of the WT. Reading Crisis of Concience must have been such an eye opener! I hope that you find the courage to get away quickly, I found dragging it out was mental torture. The sooner the better. The friendly calls are really just them ready and waiting to pounce on you for not being good enough. You are good enough, so trust your heart and I hope you begin to live your life without constraints, rules, regulations, and fear. Trust your heart, it will never let you down.

Much love, Paula x

• Mat
    Mat

Hi Umadevi, it sounds like they want to keep you even though you are trying to fade away. I know from personal experience that if you start asking subtle but challenging questions they will stop bothering you, and just let you fade.

Not too challenging or they will grill you for apostacy, but subtle sincire ones like- ask them to explain the Generation overlap thing, or how exactly the light gets brighter when it should have been bright in the first place. Why are women not allowed trousers at the Kingdom Hall while in the bible when Jesus condemned the Pharasees for having human traditions- same applies to men growing beards.

Sincire questions and doubts will soon ward them away. They only make an effort to help people who arn't any trouble.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Ok, umadevi, here's what you do. Eat a lot of stinky garlic and onions and don't shower for several days, do a really sweaty, smelly workout before meeting with Sister A. Don't brush your teeth either.

OR... just avoid her.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Unlike the cult member's drone above that says 'TRUST IN JEHOVAH" (code speak for only Listen to the organization and ignore your own sensibilities and intellect), I urge all people to trust in your God Given senses. Read and Reason from many sources. The Witness Cult has no allowance for any other thought or beliefs, they must control your every thought and action. Forget what you think you know or have been taught and ask - Does this really make sense? Does it compute? Does it pass the sniff test?

At the end of the day, you must have the courage of your convictions. If you want to participate in the Witness procession, do it if it meets your need. If it does not, then do not feel bad about saying no. You do not have to justify your life to anyone but you.

• Roddy
    Roddy

Well, give "Sister A" the benefit of the doubt. She really thinks the elders feels she can be helpful to help you. So that gives her a boost to try to reach out to you. But if you are truly busy, then you can honestly say that you really have a lot on your plate right now. But do thank her for her reaching out to you. Then maybe she'll report back that you do have a lot to sort out right now but you got a lot of encouragement. So maybe they'll give you time now.

• Mat
    Mat

You could always ask this sister "A" why she shunned those people who didn't give their best and tell her you think she was wrong to treat them like that. You might find her making less effort if she has to explain herself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit