Facebook May Defeat Disfellowshipping

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

METATRON:

Thank heaven for the internet. In the privacy of your own home, without the religion's secret police looking over your shoulder, you can press some buttons and have contact and conversations with anybody you want. So, the internet has dealt the religion a serious blow if not a defeat in the long run.

The religion always hoped that when somebody left or was expelled from the JW religion that person was isolated and lonely (like a symbolic death). Well, screw them. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Ex-JWs who either are disfellowshipped, disassociated or just plain walkaways can fellowship with anybody they want and the religion cannot do a damn thing about it. Disfellowshipping was the religion's ace in a hole because many would return, if for no other reason but that they wanted contact with friends and family - never mind whether they even believe in the religion or not.

• chickpea
    chickpea

as is my habit, every time a thread with FB as a topic
    comes along, i just pop on over and find someone i
    knew from the KH i attended and start looking at
    who they are "friends"with ....

just searched a real derp of a kid who had moved west
    and not only are 10% of his 109 friends people
    i KNOW to be (or who had been ) JWs, he is also
    HEAVILY into "airsoft" gaming, with proudly displayed
    pics of himself in FULL camo regalia talking about how
    AWESOME his adventures are..... time and $$$ not spent
    in pursuit of godly wisdom, i see.....

yeah, facebook is a symptom of a chronic inflammation
    caused by the malignancy known as the GB....

• baltar447
    baltar447

Chickpea, you have a PM.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Disfellowshipping was the religion's ace in a hole because many would return, if for no other reason but that they wanted contact with friends and family - never mind whether they even believe in the religion or not.

Yes, and facebook and the internet in general (eg email) is circumnavigating around the Borg's control.

I wonder if they know that they have lost control yet? Just how fully they no longer can dictate how people can behave because they just don't have that control over people's lives anymore?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

These old cronies at WTS will probably go on the rampage this summer at conventions and directly tell members to stay off of "My Face."

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

...That's what SHE said!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit