Going to try quitting smoking again...

by sinis 15 Replies latest jw friends

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    it's that hand mouth desire or lack of it. I am finding myself chewing on pencils or whatever else is around me.

I just successfully quit. I started out with Chantix. I smoked for a week on chantix, then had a mental break through and found the firm resolve to crush my pack and toss them into the garbage can at the gym, lol.

I had one really bad day going through nicotene withdrawals in which I really wanted to cut somebody's throat. I went on Rick Fearon's Six Screens conference call instead.

Anyway, I made it two weeks tobacco free, BUT I also had the hand mouth suck drag blow thing going on, especially around coffee time and after meals. I bought a pack of Cannibus Free smokes. Tobacco free, nicotene free herbal cigs. They don't taste completely horrible and at least you are smoking lol.

They helped with the urges. They are non addicting and by the time I had finished my first pack of these things, I was pretty much over them.

I did not complete the entire chantix regiment, and got off the stuff half way into my third week of taking it. but I had quit smoking before, about four years ago, and I knew I was past the worst of the withdrawals and felt that I no longer needed that kind of help/crutch.

I stopped the chantix and I am now taking zyban.

Together with exercise, the zyban is keeping the weight off, keeping the urges at a manageable level, and stabilizing my moods for now.

The first time I quit smoking four years ago, I gained a lot of weight. Below is a before and after shot, fat me on my 40th birthday, then how I look currently and after the first year of changes- just to let you know that no matter what kind of shape you are in, you can recover and turn it around.

I have changed the way I eat, what I eat, and my energy level has gone through the roof. I have more stamina, strength, and health than when I was 21. I am 44 now.

I am not trying to impress you, or anyone else. I am trying to impress upon you that you can do it. You can be successful in quitting and finding awesome health again.

Let me know if I can help.

Tim

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I haven't touched a cigarette in, oh, 4yrs or so. It was definitely the hardest thing to do in my life. Harder than leaving the witnesses or divorce. I accepted that I will always be a smoker, I just choose not to. It gave me power, rather than say, I am giving up, which sounds powerless. It took a couple of go's and then something just shifted. I lost the desire....

Talesin nailed it. It was so hard because cigarettes were always there, in any situation, when humans were unreliable. I finally became responsible for myself and excepted myself, "good" and "bad"

• outlawwilly
    outlawwilly

I guess I have incredible stamina and willpower. I smoked near 2 packs a day after leaving the borg. Then one day I just said the hell with it. No cravings or anything. I will have the odd smoke every now and again if I am out drinking with friends though. I to was/am a body builder and that was one of my great motivators to kick it. (although now, I picked up homebrewing and that does nothing but ham to te ol waistline )Also, my kids were a great motivation to kick the ol habit. I wish you good luck. Like others have offered, I wil help in any way I can. Cheers.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    It was definitely the hardest thing to do in my life. Harder than leaving the witnesses or divorce.

I agree 100% with the above statement.

Good luck

• snowbird
    snowbird

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Syl

• cantleave
    cantleave

Publishing Cult you could turn someone gay with that body!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit