Going to try quitting smoking again...

by sinis 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

seriously this time. Its not the Nicotine that drives me nuts (I chew the gum) it's that hand mouth desire or lack of it. I am finding myself chewing on pencils or whatever else is around me. I like the nicotine, will probably just chew the gum as nicotine has good benefits. What I am tired of, is being tired!! I'm sure my blood oxygen levels are not what they should be... For instance, in the morning if I have my coffee and no smoke I feel fine before going to work. However, if i have a smoke and my coffee I feel like I am dragging ass and have no desire. Tired of being tired... going to start working out again, I used to be a BB, and can't believe I let myself go...

• designs
    designs

You'll get there

• White Dove
    White Dove

If you eat that chicken, you may quit sooner than you expected...permanently (enter skull and crossbones here).

• talesin
    talesin

1. stop beating yourself up

2. realize that the cigarette is ALWAYS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT, and people always aren't, that's why it's so hard to quit.

3. know that the craving is all about the 'moment',,,, if you can get past the first 10 minutes, you have made it!

4. i'm doing the same thing, and IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE WEAK, the smokes are 'always there when you need them', PEOPLE ARE NOT, and it's largely psychological, you CAN do this.

5. every time you stop smoking, whether it's for an hour, a day, or a month, it is a VICTORY

KEEP TRYING,,,, and don't beat yourself up. You're doing the best you can. Guilt is your worst enemy in this battle.

xxoo

good on ya, and you WILL MAKE IT!

tal

• sinis
    sinis

If you eat that chicken, you may quit sooner than you expected...permanently (enter skull and crossbones here).

Hahahahahahaha... hell thats not a bad thing...

• sizemik
    sizemik

Hey sinis . . .

I'm giving it another go too . . . started today . . . 5 hours into it and I'm a rock buddy!

It's only about the 7th attempt in the last year . . . but with an anxiety disorder and a shitload of Earthquakes . . . well, you get the picture.

This time I'm gonna make it stick!

talesin . . . thanks for the post

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, my good buddy, JRK, is thinking of being more serious about quitting. Maybe you two can cheer each other on.

• sinis
    sinis

Damn, its funny, I'm craving SOMETHING BAD (a cig) but its not nicotine because I'm chewing the gum. It must be some other chemical or at the very least a HABIT...

• mamamo
    mamamo

Good luck to you!

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74

sinis, you could try convincing your doctor you have ADD so he can give you adderall. It's a stimulant that would definitely help you with the staying awake part. I mention it specifically because, as a side effect, I no longer carried about smoking. (But I only dabbled in it less than a year, smoked a pack or two about every week. After taking adderall I just never felt like getting another cigarrette.) Just a thought, as adderall comes with its own risks (such as high BP). It just seemed to help me with it (smoking, and other things).

I just reread your post about previously being a body builder and working out. Hmm. So another reason adderall helps me is because I'll get up at 4:30am, take one, be in the gym at 5am, and work out for an hour. It basically gives me the energy to do all that and removes any sense of discouragement that would've stopped me before, as well as suppresses my appetite. I don't want to make it sound like a wonder drug, because it does require work, it just seems to make things like that easier. At least for me.

Thanks,
    Jack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit