The Bible - is it really the GOOD Book - if so why?

by cantleave 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Actually, it ends on a note of hope and affirmation, imo.

False hope and unrealized affirmation, to be sure.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

If I wrote a book endorsing genocide, rape, xenophobia, slavery, and child murder, but interspersed a few trite "love is good" sayings throughout, I wonder if I'd be hailed as a divine messenger of love or just a deluded psychopath?

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

cantleave LOL, u should light one in front of the Governing body. i heard they fly on commercial airlines we should all of us, book tickets when they fly sit next to them and start reading crisis of conscience and pretended that we were not ever JW and that we work for a marjory news company and we will write a book review on that book and when my book get's published i'll send you a signed one and bring that to and read it and start talking to them like you don't know how they are and say what a great read!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If I wrote a book endorsing genocide, rape, xenophobia, slavery, and child murder, but interspersed a few trite "love is good" sayings throughout, I wonder if I'd be hailed as a divine messenger of love or just a deluded psychopath?

Or new best friend?

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

r new best friend?

LOL! yes i'm going befriend Karadric! I hear he is a deluded psychopath, and endorsed enocide, rape, xenophobia, slavery, and child murder, and bombing and etc! Sarcasm.

• unshackled
    unshackled

I believe the paper the NWT is printed on, makes good spliffs.

LOL cantleave. You beat me to it. When I was still in I had a friend (who was never baptised and fringe) tell me him and his buddies had used NWT pages to roll spliffs.

At the time I thought it was disrespectful. Now...well, that was just pure resourceful genius. The pages of Revelation would probably give a trippy high.

• designs
    designs

Its good in that it shows the development of a Tribe from Nomadic origins to Agrarian to Statehood and having to evolve and address the changes that come with progress.

They developed the Golden Rule and saw that Slavery had to end.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

The Bible - is it really the GOOD Book - if so why NOT?

1. Will the real 10 Commandments please stand up? (Ex 20:1-17/34:1-27)

2. How the former slaves of Israel treated their own slaves.

a. Non Israelites taken as slaves for life. (Lv 25:44-46)

b. A Hebrew slave was obligated for only six years of slavery but had to leave behind the wife his master gave him along with his children. (Ex 21:2-6; De 15:12-18)

c. An ‘eye for an eye’ did not apply when they took their slaves eye out. (Ex 21:26,27 compare to Lv 24:19-21)

d. They could beat their slave savagely with a stick so long as he or she did not die within a day or two. (Ex 21:20,21 compare to Ex 2:11,12)

3. Exterminate thy neighbors. (Lev 19:18)

a. All of them some of the time. (De 3:1-6)

b. Men only at other times. Women and children are considered plunder. (De 20:10-18)

c. Everyone except virgin girls when the mood strikes. (Nu 31:13-18)

4. How the Israelites treated their ladies.

1. They executed the victim of rape if she was engaged to be married. (De 22:23,24)
    2. They forced the victim of rape to marry her rapist if she was single. (De 22:28,29)
    3. She’s got some balls. Women get their hands cut off for defending their husbands. (De 25:11,12)
    4. A man could sell his daughter into slavery. (Ex 21:7-11)

5. Lot’s horny daughters. (Gen 19:30-36)

6. God cannot see well. (Gen 18:20,21De 23:13,14)

7. God has a lot of trouble counting. (Mt 10:30)

a. King David kills 700 charioteers and 40,000 horsemen or is it 7,000 charioteers and 40,000 foot soldiers? (2Sa 10:18/1Ch 19:18)

b. Only one major sin for King David or two? (1Ki 15:5/2Sa 24:10-13)

c. Seven years of famine or three? (2Sa 24:11-13/1Ch 21:9-12)

d. King David kills 18,000 Edomites, or is it 12,000? (1Ch 18:12/Ps 60 title)

e. King Solomon’s slave supervisors number 550 or 250? (1Ki 9:23/2Ch 8:10)

f. A talent for exaggeration. (1Ch 22:14)

8. God Unmighty! (Jg 1:19)

• bobld
    bobld

Let me illustrate it this way ,see 1 Kings CH.13.

God gets this nitwit to do 4 things:1.Go to Jeroboam.2.Tell him he is in big trble.3.Leave by a different route.4.Don't eat or drink anything.The nitwit screws up,God gets annoyed,gets a lion to do his dirty work and waste'em.Not only that but God frustrates the lion off by telling his he can't eat his kill.

You ask me if this is good,come on.

B

• dgp
    dgp
    The Bible is actually pretty good at discrediting Jehovah's Witness beliefs and teachings.

Holy Cow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit