The Bible - is it really the GOOD Book - if so why?

by cantleave 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Afterall , it condones Murder, Genocide, infanticide and a plethora of other nasty things. It is contradictory and unscientific.

Hell; lets be honest it's hard to read and harder to understand.

So why is it called the good book?

Discuss!

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's called the Good Book because it contains the good tidings of a Good God.

Syl

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The Bible is actually pretty good at discrediting Jehovah's Witness beliefs and teachings.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Billy - as usual a point well made.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

I think this demonstrates just how far people will go to please their Gods. God wants you to commit atrocities? Fine. Justified. He WANTS you to. That's my big beef with religion. It's not INHERENTLY bad, but people will do some screwe up things for it. Then again, people will do some messed up things for love...It's just that some people love bloodthirsty gods.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The Bible is actually pretty good at discrediting Jehovah's Witness beliefs and teachings.

This verse discredits the founder of the WT.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Luke 21:8 Who said: Take heed you be not seduced; for many will come in my name, saying, I am he; and the time is at hand:go ye not therefore after them.

Volume II of Studies in the Scriptures is entitled The Time Is At Hand; many went after Russell, to their detriment.

Syl

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its a book of annotated history, a history of human ignorance and tragedy for the better part of it.

Once the the anarchist against the status quo appeared namely Jesus Christ things improved somewhat for the better.

Unfortunately the ending of the book still creates a message of death and destruction for the future, which leaves the reader

with a build up of anxiety, fear and depression.

There has been a lot of evil in mankind's history and the bible is a reference to that very fact.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Luke 22:20 He who testifies to all these things says it again: "I'm on my way! I'll be there soon!"

Yes! Come, Master Jesus!

21 The grace of the Master Jesus be with all of you. Oh, Yes! The Message Bible

Actually, it ends on a note of hope and affirmation, imo.

Syl

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

a good book to burn as firewood!

• cantleave
    cantleave

snowboarder - I believe the paper the NWT is printed on, makes good spliffs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit