Family Study parody on youtube - FUNNY!

by Mad Sweeney 18 Replies latest jw friends

• unshackled
    unshackled

Hilarious. The phone call during the family study brought up a memory of our family study of the Watchtower. I had built a quarter pipe for BMXing. School kids knew about it and showed up DURING family study. Knocked on the door and asked to use it. "Yeah go ahead...I'll be out real soon."

I was so anxious to join them. For the rest of the study I could see them riding it out the window. The study outlasted their stay, they left before we were done. It was AGONIZING. And I swear, that was the longest family study my father ever held.

• Farkel
    Farkel

An absolutely brilliant parody of JW life! You just gotta love the Brits for their wit and irony, as I do!

Farkel, a Brit and has the genes to prove it

• Pig
    Pig

Mad Sweeney thanks for linking the vid mate. This seemed to get quite a fews quickly.

Farkel I'm not a Brit, I'm Aussie. But yeah same humour. Someone told me these vids were southpark meets the office. The thing is you dont need to think of jokes or humour. Just be realistic because JW's are so bloody unusual that it's funny in itself. These are all things that have actually happened to me. Especially my bloody parents answering the phone and saying "oh no, as JW's we dont celebrate birthdays....." or questioning my worldly friends to see if they are bad associates. How embarrising. No wonder they stopped inviting me places. just like you said Unshackled

I had trouble doing this video. wasnt much to really say. Most of the audio was improvised (sat around talking crap into a mic) then i just took out bits and animated it. Whole thing was a bit rushed. I'm a bit dissapointed because I could have incorporated alot more JW family life into it since it was set in the home.

I have same great ideas for a memorial one though, so hopefully I'll get around to it one day.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I didn't know Pig was the creator of these videos!!! (or I did and I forgot) I love your videos, they're hilarious!!

I died when the father said on the phone, "we're doing our family bible study" .... oohhhhhh, that kid would have copped it the next day at school, lol!! I grew up as a JW so I had many cringeworthy moments!

Great work! I look forward to your next one.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Hi Pig

Love the whole series so look forward to a Memorial one. How about an assembley one too?

• cantleave
    cantleave

PIG - I worship you!!!!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Pig,

I'm a brit. (Well, my great-grandfather was). You're an Aussie. So after my fellow Americans, the cultures and peoples I love most are Brits, Aussies and Canadians, but not in any order of importance.

Brits are merely Americans with style, dress and class.

Aussies are merely Americans with humor that Americans used to have before their Government robbed them of that.

Canadians are merely Americans with no sense of humor.

I'm only using Americans as a point of reference. I'm well aware that the world does not revolve around us. I certainly hope it doesn't revolve around us. We Americans have a fucked up Government that we need to eliminate (by peaceful voting) before it causes any more damage to us or the world.

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

How did you find a film of my family study? I couldn't watch it all at once.

My brother would act up just to get the study to end...he would take a spanking rather than have it continue.

• freetosee
    freetosee

THX for posting!

..brings back memories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit