Which type of "Apostate" is worse? An Atheist/Agnostic or one who joins a New Organized Religion?

by QuestioningEverything 18 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Sorry, I posted this in another section. Meant to put it here.

Just wondering which kind is worse to active JW's? My Aunt used to be a JW but now she is a Mormon. I used to be a JW but now I am Agnostic.

Think there is a difference on how most JW's feel about this?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

there's going to be different camps on this one.

For me, when I was under mind control, I'd probably think someone going to another Church was dangerous. whereas an agnostic wasn't really going fully 'apostate' and might start believing in Jah again and return to the cancerous 'filthful silava cl-a$$'

Oh, how times have changed for me.............I've become that which I feared!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Mmmmm . . . trying to put my JW hat on . . . ?

Atheism is worse I think . . . marginally. Godless . . . denying his very existence.

Leaving WT for another religion . . . maybe more "foolish" in the eyes of the "superior" self appointed owners of truth

It's a tough one

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

One thing I recall from the old Flock book was that those ones baptized with sincere doubts should be shown mercy and assisted where possible. On the other hand, when it came to someone who decided to join a church the language was more harsh. It was something like, "they're already under judgement."

As far as most JWs feel, I don't think there's anyway to gauge that because there's no way a JW will ever be honest regarding this subject. Me personally, if a person joined a church, to me at least it would appear they followed their heart and considering we're not to judge anyone, that's between them and God and I shouldn't condemn them. When it comes to Agnostics, I feel they're the only honest people left on this planet.

• trevor
    trevor

Joining a new religion is worse, because losing faith in god is considered a personal failing.

Deciding that a rival religion is better than the Watchtower Society, is betrayal of the highest kind.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

In my short time on the planet, I've come to realize that SOME people NEED to be told what to do. They cannot thrive unless they operate with CERTAINTY.

I prefer to embrace the unknown. I will die, not knowing the answers to countless questions that many consider to be of utmost importance.

• trebor
    trebor

In my short time on the planet, I've come to realize that SOME people NEED to be told what to do. They cannot thrive unless they operate with CERTAINTY.

I prefer to embrace the unknown. I will die, not knowing the answers to countless questions that many consider to be of utmost importance.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

The one who dares t join another religion. That's the worst one, because it is like going back to Babylon the Great Harlot, caught by Satan and Demons and become their tool, for sure a person like that is possed by Satan.

So if you wish to leave JW's try to avoid telling them that you will join another religion.....

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This is a tough question. My parents who are still in but understanding of my decision keep asking me if I still believe in God. Other JWs who my wife runs into on occasion around town invariably ask her if we're attending another church. I know that the root of both questions is a desire to know how to judge us. I don't know which is viewed as worse by more people, though.

• nugget
    nugget

Now I am not a JW I feel no need to judge others. I appreciate that most people have something to offer and someones religious choices do not make them more or less worthy than someone else.

I prefer to evaluate what they say and the advice they offer rather than filter this through my old JW worth o meter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit