Is Armageddon a REAL EVENT to the GB like 9/11 is to the rest of us?

by Terry 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Terry
    Terry

All of us are aware of the startling and terrifying events of 2001, or 9/11 as it is commonly termed.

Airplanes were hijacked and flown into the World Trade Center killing over a thousand innocent people.

This experience is vivid enough in our memory and consciousness so that it can serve as a significant illustration of what follows.

Now I want you to imagine that you and a group of your friends received ironclad evidence AHEAD OF THE 9/11 EVENT. The evidence is from

an unimpeachable source. You are charged with the responsibility of preventing as many deaths as possible.

Can you possibly imagine what you would do and how you would go about it?

Here is why I ask the question.

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses assumes such a responsibility for warning about an even more

terrifying event which would result in a staggering number of deaths: ARMAGEDDON.

What I want to ask you to do is to consider THE DEMONSTRATED RESPONSE liability.

What does that mean?

Consider if the actions of the Governing Body in their use of all means at their disposal actually passes the test.

What test?

ARE THEY DOING EVERYTHING possible TO WARN PEOPLE with the same sense of real urgency and committment YOU would use?

Each of us would probably respond diffrerently.

Here is what I would do:

I would call the F.B.I., congressmen, law enforcement officials and tell them what I had obtained by way of hard evidence.

Contact local tv and radio stations for interviews and Q&A sessions to present the evidence and alert people of the threat level.

Purchase radio spots and newspaper ads.

Create a Viral Video and post it on YouTube presenting facts and figures and evidence.

The important thing I want you to consider is the parallel between what an ordinary person would do and compare it to what a multi-million dollar

religious corporation HAS DONE in the past so that you may ask the question: Does this pass the sniff test?

I'll give you my opinion.

The Watchtower corporation uses words like "urgent" and "warning" in connection with Armageddon. They TALK A GREAT GAME.

But, the reality of what they spend money on doing to NOTIFY people doesn't match a SENSE OF REALITY of a real event.

Tell me: do you agree?

What is REAL, what is EFFECTIVE about the method of warning?

Such as?

Printing magazine articles and printing densely worded religious books and politely hawking them door to door FOR CONTRIBUTIONS.

YES, charging potential victims money for their advance warning is part of the method!

Would you call on families who were about to lose a loved one on a terrorist-hijacked-jet and ask them to contribute money for the privileged information?

Does that feel strange when you read that?

Maybe that bothers you and maybe it doesn't.

What has the Society demonstrated as to EFFECTIVENESS in spreading a coherent argument in persuading people of the reality of Armageddon?

From the 1880's up to 2011 the messege has been---AT BEST--garbled and disjointed and TAINTED as well.

Using the Great Pyramid and whizbang Chronology charts is equivalent to you or me using Astrology charts and tea leaves to persuade people of the 9/11 attack in advance! It pollutes the warning with nonsense gimmickry.

The biggest failure in persuasion has been the track record of matching evidence with subsequent event payoffs.

From 1879 until 1914 the bookselling and magazine distribution work promised the following events:

1.The Governments of the world would be destroyed.

2.The religions of the world would be destroyed.

3.Millions of wicked people worldwide would be struck dead by angels and birds would eat their flesh!

4.Jesus would set up government over the earth.

How many of the above events PROVED ACCURATE? Only 3 are testable and thus falsifiable, the first three.

None of them were proved true!

WHAT KIND OF CREDIBILITY was established by such a warning messege?

This would be similar to our 9/11 scenario if a year before the events we publicly warned that spaceships from Mars would blow up Washington D.C.

and kidnap all the beautiful women for breeding purposes!

CREDIBILITY WOULD BE DESTROYED for any future warnings no matter how detailed or dire.

Consider this. Would the source of this reliable information CONTINUE to reveal important and sensitive information (like a wikileaks situation) with the ridiculous track record of failure and embarassment?

I'm trying to provide a sense of perspective here rather than simply mock.

We are expected to believe that the source of advance information (Almighty God) warning about 9/11 (Armageddon) would select buffoons to communicate dire warnings

and then, when the messege becomes a source of ridicule and embarassment--CONTINUE to use them for future publicity!

And then, on top of all that---we are expected to believe Almighty God would allow this bumbling failure of a warning crew to ASSUME his name as an IDENTITY so that future failures, screw ups and embarassments would be LINKED to and blamed on God (Jehovah).

Isn't that exactly what happens to these "witnesses" who have never seen any of their predictions come true? They have become non-witnesses of non-events all of which they blame on JEHOVAH?

Does any of this strike you as totally unblievable and irrational for any intelligent person to swallow as fact?

Would it not be more credible to conclude the following:

1.Any group predicting specific events and giving warnings is only credible IF THOSE EVENTS transpire

2.Continued warnings and continued failures removes all plausible confidence in either their messege or their source authority

3.Identification with Jehovah and claiming to "witness" events which never take place is a mockery of reality and of god.

Here is the cherry on top of the soda.

Jehovah's Witnesses not only continue to make the same warnings using the same proofs and reasoning but they have also

demanded more authority and credibility for themselves based on nothing but the same string of utter failures!

Is Armageddon as real of an event to the Governing Body as a 9/11 event would be to you?

The facts speak for themselves.

Comment?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't think they believe it is real. Otherwise, why would they stick to primitive forms of spreading the important life-saving message?

• Terry
    Terry

The preaching work seems very passive, mundane, boring and laid back today.

Am I the only one that senses that the "urgency" is only adjectival and not palpably a conviction?

Aren't JW's simply ALL TALK? Or, as they say in Texas, : all hat and no cattle.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Terry, obviously you do this:

Pick the fastest, biggest broadband system available at the time that you start delivering this urgent, life saving message. One hundred forty years ago that system was walking around talking to people at their homes, with some literature in your hand. Then, in spite of the invention of the telephone, radio, television, cell phones, the internet, laptops, ipads, cable, fiber optics, satellite communications etc, you stick with that system, because that is by God, the way Jehovah wanted it done.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The message is so urgent that they take coffee breaks every half hour. The message is so urgent that they walk as slow as possible to each house to get that time up. Shouldn't they be running to each house or at least briskly walking?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is a reason Governments don`t use the WBT$ for Tsunami Warnings..

After 130+years the WBT$ can`t get their own message out..

The WBT$ doesn`t take Armageddon seriously..

JW`s are more interested in Reporting Time,than getting a Message Out..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• JeffT
    JeffT

Also, if you start delivering your 911 warning in 1870 you need to add a little explanation of things like 110 story office towers, jet planes; this in a time when people were afraid that if the train went more than sixty miles an hour it would suck the air out of your lungs and kill you. Explaining the twin towers to people that don't know what elevators are should be interesting.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I went to the grocery store this morinin' and seen a woman from the old cong

workin' the parking lot, and thought the very same thing, If this method was used

to tell us about the earth quake in Japan, we still wouldn't know about it

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You are so right, again Terry.. I cannot speak for the G B but I often wonder why the r & f are not more worked up by the thought of worldwide mass destruction. Last year I did a thread on the thought.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/193493/1/Why-Doesnt-Armageddon-Freak-Them-Out-Why-didnt-it-freak-us-out

I was , of course one of those who just lived with the belief. My only defense is that if you have known it all your life, then the panic button gets diminished somewhat..............

• Terry
    Terry

This obvious observation makes us conclude the stated purpose of preaching is false.

The urgency is flabby.

And so are most of the members.

What has a JW witnessed in their lifetime that corroborates their stated purpose? Nothing. They are indeed Jehovah's NON-witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit