Dumb illustration

by MrFreeze 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

@ Magwitch: Thing is, when the kid says "I'm sorry", usually they're let out and forgiven and all is right with the world. And during the time-out, they aren't completely ignored by the parents or thrown outside and left homeless. When a JW is DF'ed, even if they said "I'm sorry" beforehand, they are thrown away. And even if they work their way back and are reinstated, they have that DF'ing hanging over their heads for the rest of their lives. Nobody forgets it. Nobody TRULY forgives and goes on with life.

• Alfred
    Alfred

In a shepherding call last October, I brought up the wacky WT teachings in 1918 when Jesus audited the churches worldwide and chose the WT. The illustration one of the elders came up with went something like: If you were lost and hungry in the middle of the jungle and there was nothing else to eat except worms that Jehovah lovingly provided, would you not eat these worms? Or would you simply die of hunger?... I just looked at him and thought: "you complete moron"... The other elder, realizing this was a ridiculous illustration, quickly jumped in and changed the subject entirely...

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

@ Alfred: So he was admitting that the WTBTS teachings are decaying because they're full of worms?

• seenitall
    seenitall

how about this gem:

The sailboat "tacking" back and forth with the wind and making advancement. Tacking back and forth with truth and error, but making headway! This gem was mentioned in CofC and was made up by K. Klein (old-time GB).

• seenitall
    seenitall

What beautiful tacking - they will crash into each other!

• unshackled
    unshackled

Another illustration they like to use when it comes to "how did life get here" is the "if you came across a house in a field, would you think it happened by chance?" ...or the "every watch has a designer" rubbish.

Not exclusive to JWs...but they love to use it over and over. "What do you think? Did life happen by flying out of a monkey's butt? Or was it created?"

No it didn't fly out of a monkey's butt.....but that's not the only other possible option.

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

And one right back at em: "Would you drink a glass of water if it had just a drop of poison in it?" Sounds an awful lot like "well the elders are imperfect humans so they're gonna make mistakes".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit