Is the Governing Body Guilty or not guilty of 1975 speculations going too far?

by Terry 56 Replies latest social humour

• mrquik
    mrquik

Who do they think started all the talk of 1975, the rank & file? The hallmark quality of the "true religion" is love. What happened to that quality as the GB watched silently while thousands destroyed any hope for a decent future. And, of course, the icing on the cake was them blaming the rank & file for "running ahead". Arrogant, self serving & heartless. If you're still in for family, you have my sympathy. Please don't buy into anything that these guys shovel your way. Instead: Live well....enjoy life.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks for postin' that Won't Leave,

Acts 1:6 showed where the Apostles questioned, not taught or led folks to believe what they assumed,

and Luke 19:11 showed where the Apostles imagined

not taught or led folks to believe what they had imagined

The GB and the WTS as a whole led folks to believe things that weren't true

and taught things that they had to change because in the end they were things

that were not true

• Quentin
    Quentin

The whole Millerite Adventist Dispositional doctrine is a lie, 607 BC is a lie 1874/1875 AD was a lie. 1914 AD is a lie, 1925 AD was a lie, 1975 AD was a lie. HOWMANY TIMES do people have to be lied to before they WAKE UP? Apparently MANY times over. Sad, so very sad.

Great commentary Terry. Gobbles would be proud of your critique... Oh, and lets not forget Christ INVISIBLE presence. What a tub of putrid, molded grease.

• karter
    karter

At an international convention in 1974 one of the GB said'' This may well be the last assembly this side of Armageddon''

I cleary remember all the talks,WT articles,ect all pointing to 1975.

Then when it did'nt come anyone who said anything about the WTS saying 1975 would be the end was told they themselfs put too much emphsis on it!!!!

Then along came 1976 and they are looseing members flat out.

Nathen Noor went on a world wide specking tour to drum up support one thing he said ''In the highly unlikely event we see the year 2000''

Saddly alot of the Elders,CO's ect we not even around in 1975.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Fred Franz spoke out of both sides of his mouth. On one hand, the world was going to end in September 1975...then, as a previous post youtube, that Franz backed down afterwards (I listened it's at 9 minutes into it...but it's more about the mistakes made predicting 1925, 50 years earlier and how people "I made an ass of myself" was actually quoted.)

Now, here's a great Youtube video about what happened in 1975, with sound bites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXbBVVoeEQ&feature=related

1975 -What the Watchtower doesn't want you to know

JWMediaFilms 18 videos Subscribe

33,711 Like Add to Share

Uploaded by JWMediaFilms on Jun 13, 2009

Unveiling the lies from the movie: What Don't Apostates Want You To Know? - 1975. . .This video is also in light of the topics being adressed in the current JW convention (1975 and 1914). Witnesses are dropping like flies because of these false teachings. . . .
    Voices:
    Fred Franz, VP of the WTBT$ at the time of the speech, President a few years later. Speech was February 10th, 1975 at a convention in Los Angeles, CA.
    The 2nd speaker is Charles Sinutko, District Overseer, 1967 convention in Sheboygan, MI.

• 162 likes, 18 dislikes
  • No Room For George
    No Room For George

Saddly alot of the Elders,CO's ect we not even around in 1975.

I was born a few years after 75", and I only heard about the events of that year on a humbug. We were doing some spring cleaning, and a brother showed me some old book where he stated some of the friends confused as support for 1975. I didn't know what he was talking about at the time. This was a few years ago he showed this to me, and I wonder if he did that purposely to wake me up. He's a former elder, who still active in the religion, but isn't really reaching out or anything any longer. He's happy with his lack of position in the congregation. I wonder, boy do I wonder if he was trying to tell me something.

For many of us on this forum, had we been exposed to what really happened in 1975, and 607 vs 587, and a ton of other things, we would have never got baptized or reach out. Our parents and previous generation of JWs failed us.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Remember, the big apostate scare in the early '80's? I wonder if it had something to do with hushing these "talkers" that were verbalizing their doubts

Yes, there were many verbalizing their doubts, including Raymond Franz. By the 80's I was in full blown anti-Watchtower mode after studying with the Witnesses from late '74 to mid '76. 1975 is what attracted me to look into the Watchtower and 1975 was what took me out of it. Funny how it's all been so effectively swept under the carpet and ignored. It goes directly to Witnesses being captive to the concept of the Watchtower being God's spirit-annointed organisation (exactly the point of Cameron's book) and therefore can't possibly do anything wrong.

• leavingwt
  • No Room For George
    No Room For George

Looking at that collage, its quite apparent the WT and JWs as a result, at the time were just like Harold Camping and his followers are now.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS from its earliest inception starting proclaiming great things, the return of Christ being just one.

They were proclamations set out to attract the publics attention and for most part they accomplish that feat.

Even prior to 1914 they were into making grand proclamations and putting them into print.

A continuation of those century old proclamations are still being proselytized by the WTS. with a very important expressed

arrangement for the adhering members . The prevailing self announcement of the WTS being god's only earthly organization, opened the door

for the leaders of the organization to create a base of power and control for themselves over the lesser working members.

A pyramid of power was constructed which still stands to this day.

Unfortunately there's nothing justifiable or viable about this organization for it was seeded on a false maligning pretense, right from its beginning roots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit