Where to JWs park their cars when going door-to-door?

by bradp 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Borking cars? It's always better to bork someone elses car, not your own.

S

• steve2
    steve2

Park extremely close to a cafe that serves good coffee even if the cafe is a long distance from your first house. Once you've had your caffiene hit, slowly - and I mean slllooowwwllllyyy float to the first house. Some say it's a good idea to start counting time from your very first sip of coffee, although sticklers for getting their time in may prefer to start counting time from the moment the barrista grinds the noisy coffee beans. You decide. Because you're a free agent.

BTW, wherever you park, always remember that nowadays cool JWs - in contrast to the dowdy ones of the 1930s = depend far more heavily on the coffee bean than the holy spirit to get them round the territory. After all, something in life's got to be worth preaching about to go house to house.

• tracylee
    tracylee

Steve2, I took about 7 coffee breaks on any given morning that I was out in field circus. I also intentionally gave bad directions to the driver so we could drive around lost for a while (still counting time of course), until I needed to pee, then we'd stop at a gas station for a bathroom break, I'd get another coffee... Field circus was awesome.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi tracylee, yep that's the downside of coffee: it's a diuretic. Still, a good excuse to take another break and stop off somewhere - and the get another coffee. Way to go!

• free2beme
    free2beme

You sound like a JW want to be to me. Want to listen to a governing body too or is that a little too much for you to bite off. Want to park at the local Kingdom Hall and admit they thought of it first, and you wanted to act like it was your God who directed you. LOL. Christianity, always a bunch of fakers! At least you had more success then the 2011 Lakers.

• shepherd
    shepherd

@Free2beme - JW's thought of what first, exactly? Preaching? Going from door to door? parking cars? Having a parking lot next to their Church? being taken in by a governing body? Being a cult? Nope, it has all been done before JW's were invented by Rutherford.

In what way would handing out tracts make the topic creator 'a bunch of fakers'?

I know JW's don't like their people to have a college education, but really, what the hell are you rambling on about?

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    So, is it safe to assume that parking is legal in residential areas unless otherwise posted?

Seriously, have you never parked a car before?

Check your local traffic and parking laws. I think the local DMV (if you live in the US) has a free handbook you can read and everything.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Could always walk! Just don't drop your wannabe Watchtowers, Jesus will strike you down. LOL

• JeffT
    JeffT

Just park like this guy.

• kurtbethel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit