Where to JWs park their cars when going door-to-door?

by bradp 32 Replies latest jw friends

• bradp
    bradp

I am a Christian and have handed out tracts all over my neighborhood,

I'm ready to go to a new neighborhood and am trying to determine where to park my car without it getting towed.

Is there a JW publication available that covers this kind of info?

Thank you.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Is there a JW publication available that covers this kind of info?

LOL

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

Depends on where you live. We would just park on the street and make sure we didn't block anyone's driveway, mailbox, or fire hydrant. If there was open space on the end of the street we would park there.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I recommend parking in front of someone's driveway and walking. Just leave your car there, so people can't get in or out. If you find a fire hydrant, you could park in front of that as well.

• pirata
    pirata

If you attend meetings regularly and sign up as a publisher, you can be eligible to recieve "Our Kingdom Ministy" which will answer questions like these and more.

You will also learn things like:

• Don't discuss the bible in independent groups
    • Don't participate in sites such as this
    • Don't distribute or download non-approved Kingdom songs
    • Preach to men because we need more men
    • The rules for JW district conventions
    • What to say about the magazines
    • Why aren't you spending 70 hours a month in field service?
  • Honesty
    Honesty

I am a Christian

You are not a JW, right?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

they park at our local Rite Aid but they asked the manager first

• snakeface
    snakeface

If parking is permitted in the street, park in front of a house where no one appears to be home. Or else right at the border of two properties.

If there is no parking allowed on that street, try parking around the corner, or on the next block. There could be a small parking lot there - perhaps for a bank or church - or an empty lot.

When choosing a neighborhood to work in, you can drive around first to determine where to park. You might end up parking in one street, walking 2 blocks away, and working your way back toward your car.

Watch out for dogs. If confronted by a dog, DO NOT look at its eyes. Look over its head. Never look at its eyes; to a dog that is a confrontation.

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

"its up to each Christians conscience where to park their cars during the field circus. The society trusts that true christians will weigh the matter thru heavy prayer (and some donations) before parking. Of course we'll trust that before you hit the field circus, you do your daily "air bath" as pointed out in our fine, trustworthy publication (Golden Age Feb 10, 1926)" ~Warm, gooey, pedo-bear love....The bothers.

• bradp
    bradp

Thanks for all the info, especially about the dogs.

And no, I am not a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit