How was your Mother's Day?

by journey-on 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I wish I could say it went great but........we have no children, no grandchildren either, not even any nieces and nephews. My mother is an abusive alcoholic and my MIL has shown her true colors openly (she really doesn't like us). Too late to put that genie back in the bottle. But we enjoyed the sunny day with each other, and our love is real.

Blondie & Irreverent (motherless children and liking it surprisingly)

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

How was my mothers day? Two words.

F*ck norovirus.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It was nice. I got to sleep in. My hubby and kids brought me breakfast in bed and presents. Later on hubby and I went out to see Thor 3D and had a very nice dinner at Fats Bistro, a swanky dim sum resturant that I had been dying to go to.

It was a great day.

• journey-on
    journey-on

skeeter1.....Hope the time outs didn't spoil your day too much.....LOL (Kids are a blast, aren't they?)

blondie....Well, Mother's Day, isn't for everybody, I guess. "Our love is real." That is enough...it's all you really need! Good for you and Irreverent!

Entirely Possible....Uh oh! Maybe next year ;-)

mrsjones5....I had a feeling yours would be great!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

It was fabulous! With two healthy, beautiful and perfect daughters, I feel like it is Mother's Day everyday I am in their company.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    With two healthy, beautiful and perfect daughters, I feel like it is Mother's Day everyday I am in their company.
    Sounds sooo sweet, Magwitch.....almost too sweet. Were you saying this facetiously?
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

Were you saying this facetiously

No, I absolutely adore my two girls. They bring me so much JOY!

• nugget
    nugget

In UK we have mother's day in March but my unofficial mothers day was lovely. We spent the afternoon on Hayling Island eating fish and chips and ice cream in the sunshine, hanging out together and feeling loved.

We could have spent it being shunned at the hall but we decided to give that a miss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit