How was your Mother's Day?

by journey-on 27 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Mine was terrific. Loving visits, cards, dinner, and togetherness.

I know if I had remained a witness, at least one of my children would have left the borg, and we would probably not have the beautiful relationship we now have. I would be living under the delusion that that is what God would want....for me to shun or half-way ignore them for the sake of ---what?---certainly not Love.

I am grateful everyday for having been called out of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, and having had the strength and courage to hear the call and get out. My family is so much better off for it. Love and Truth is a beautiful thing.

How was your Mother's Day?

• snowbird
    snowbird

My day was fine and ordinary - my little JW daughter gave me $40.

Thanks for asking, JO.

Syl

• journey-on
    journey-on

Happy to hear that, Syl. Watcha' gonna do with the $40 bucks?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Buy gas and medicine.

Syl

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

It was lovely!

My kids are far away... in Virginia and Florida...so I didn't get to see them, but I did get to talk to them. My daughter's health is improving, so that in itself, made my day. Her kids gave her a great Mother's day too... Breakfast in bed, a pedicure...made dinner for her and hung out all day.

My daughter posted something very special on my facebook page too...

Still smiling...

Coffee

• Mary
    Mary

Hey Coffee......glad to hear your daughters' on the mend!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks, Mary!

Coffee

• journey-on
    journey-on

Sounds like a good Mother's Day all around for you, Coffee! Special messages sent are always great to get, whether by card, email, text, or facebook :-) Glad to hear your daughter is better. That's a mother's day gift in and of itself!....keep smiling.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

I have to vent. I'm a stepmother to a 17 year old. All and all, he's not a bad kid. He has the normal "woe-is-me", "you-owe-me" attitude that some teenagers take on once they hit high school. My beef is that, for the 9 years I've been with his father, I have jumped through hoops for him. I've helped him handle problems that he was too scared to tell his mother (or father for that matter). I've made sure that he has all of the available options open to him for his education, including hiring a college math professor to get him out of an F in algebra. His dad and I even spent 20k on going to and from court to get him full time because he said he couldn't handle the problems in his mom's house. At the very last minute, I mean VERY, as in 2 days before court, he tells the judge that he wants to stay with his mom to "give her another chance." Come to find out after, the child was playing both sides as fools and telling each side totally different stories.

Anyway, through all of this, I have never once gotten a phone call on Mother's Day or even a card. Instead, I looked on the prepaid visa we let him have IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES, and he's spent my money on Mother's Day gifts for his mom. I didn't even get a text back.

So for Mother's Day, I got a bill.

Yeah kids.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Mine was nice..received a call from my very busy stepdaughter who is a nursing student with three little girls of her own. My stepson brought me a card and a delicious box of chocolates. I cherry picked a few of my favorite flavors and gave the rest to my husband who is more of a sweets fiend than even I am.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit