For those without Mothers

by Lady Lee 23 Replies latest jw friends

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

I was out this morning picking up flowers and a mothers day gift for my best friend.

I had moment of sadness thinking about how I had never once in my entire life bought my own mother a boquet of flowers or ever took her out for brunch on mothers day.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

ChainedNoLonger, I'm sorry about your experience with your mom.

This sort of thing just makes me livid. Some women don't deserve to be called "mother". There's much more involved in being a mother than merely giving birth, and every dog, rat, and sow knows that much by instinct, so I don't accept the "watchtower indoctrination" excuse.

Anyone who gives a cult (or religion) a higher priority than their family doesn't deserve a family.

My mother didn't shun me after I DA'd. Maybe she knew I'd hold her to such a decision and refuse to be "yo-yo'd" about.

W

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My mom finally got me off her hands. I became severely ill. She felt bad for past abuse in the family and not having things to do b/c of Witnesses. No one could believe how steafast she was during my illness. I was very dependent. It was sad and achingly beautiful at the same time. I miss her desperately. She was my best friend and I don't believe in mom's being best friends.

I was very fortunate. My life has been very hard but she was one of many special blessings.

• moshe
    moshe

I left the JWs three years before my mother died- Three mother's days was not enough to make up for 16 years of no cards, flowers-- I remember holding my Mom's hands and telling her I loved her and what a fine mother she was and how much I appreciated all the work she did making my childhood happy and secure- she sobbed like she had been waiting her whole life to hear those words- we had a long hug. I miss you mom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit