For those without Mothers

by Lady Lee 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mothers Day can bring up many issues for some of us.

For some their mothers have passed away and the opportunity to say I love you in person is forever lost.

For others our mothers are lost to the borg. In fact, we may never have had the opportunity to celebrate a Mother's Day with them. And the whole policy on shunning can make relationships distant or non-existent.

SO... if you want to send a message to your mother, but for whatever reasons that is impossible feel free to share your message, your hopes or even a memory.

Personally I have nothing to say to mine except that I wish she was different. I have only one clear memory of my mother really being there for me. I was in my second pregnancy and went into a very early labor at 6 months. My mother came to the hospital with me and stayed until after they had found me a room and I was in bed and well tended to. At least I can be thankful that she was there for me that night as the doctors tried to stop the labor from progressing. (They did but it was a high risk pregnancy after that. My daughter was born healthy even though she was 4 weeks early.)
  • prophecor
    prophecor

Blessings and Happy Mother's Day Lady Lee. I'd just like to express my concern for those who have no family contact with your mothers due to issues from being Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm a lone wolf out here and I cannot identify with never having a chance to fellowship with my Mom due to being DF, DA and the like. I couldn't stomach not being allowed to talk to my mother, even though she can work my last nerve. I'll be a little more grateful that mine's at 81 years is still on the planet, and I can and do call her, sometimes, 3,4,or 5 times a day, just to keep in touch. Like walking in her room and just surface chat for a couple of minutes, and then metephorically go back to my room. If I outlive her she will be desperately missed as I am still a Momma's Boy. Though married for nearly 20 years now. God Bless and Keep all you Mothers. You keep what's alive on the planet.

Happy Mother's Day. Art

• LV101
    LV101

Happy Mother's Day, Lady Lee. Can't say I lost mine to the borg but due to no contact on any normal basis except when she needs something. It was tough doing errands today and not buying one of those beautiful mother's day cards and a lovely gift and pretend i'm in fantasyland. Ahh, reality! I know if it makes me happy I should go ahead and contact her, but won't. Have spent the last couple of yrs. crying a little but trying to grow up and accept my losses.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Mine's gone now five years. And since my wife won't accept a card from me tomorrow I'll be giving out only one, and that is to my M-I-L. The old girl is 91 and won't be getting Mother's Day greetings from two (who are Jehovah's Witnesses) of her four surviving children so she has come to expect a substitute card and flowers from me, which I am delighted to oblige. Isn't it a wonderful thing this Watchtower does?

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

I would love to tell her that no matter what she says or doesn't say, what she does or doesn't do, she does not deserve me as a daughter. If I ever did anything to hurt her, I didn't mean it in a way that was harmful, but it was my way to 'retalliate' for all the painful things she did to me, or made me go through. No matter how much you deny it mom, we are very alike, way more than any of your other children, and so I know why you don't talk to me, or why you post pictures of my siblings for everyone to see, while making sure I am always cut off or never mentioned... It is because you want to forget me, your one big mistake, and you want to hurt me deeply, since that was how you used to hurt me before, by ignoring me.

Guess what mom? My mother in law may not give lots of hugs, but she has a listening ear. She may be old fashioned, but she has a HUGE heart. She too suffered at the hands of an abusive mom (because that's what you are). And so tomorrow, I will be among her children, celebrating her, gifting her with all the love I would've gladly given to you had you treated me differently. And no, I don't miss you. I don't miss the cruelty in your words that were so subtly hidden, or the disgusted faces you made when people compared our similar looks. I don't miss your lies, your deception, your cheating on my dad and blaming it on me (a huge WTF till this day). I don't miss how you prefer my sister and brother to me, or how you poisoned our minds against my dad's first children with his ex-wife (they're actually pretty nice people). I don't miss all those years you spent calling me 'psycho' 'mental headcase' 'liar' 'mistake' 'abomination'. Nope. I don't miss them at all.

Just so you know, life is hard, and I may not be rich, I may have fights with my boyfriend and his family here and there, I may be sad sometimes.... But I don't feel like I am completely loosing my mind and you being there to remind me that I am crazy. I may go through hard times, but I will always fight till the end, with or without you. But preferably, without you.

I hope I never see you again. Though I may love you, you are poison to my soul. Also, please, get tested. Sleeping around like you do could have some terrible consequences.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Lady Lee- thank you for this post.

My wonderful Mom died 11 years ago :(

The jw cult prevented me from celebrating Mother's Day with my dear Mom for over 20 years and I know she felt hurt and never really understood why I did not celebrate Mother's day or her Birthday and I regret so deeply that I let the wt cult control me. I did not break free of the witnesses until 6 years after my beloved Mom died, so never got to make it up to her. I feel rotten. She was the most wonderful Mom anyone could ever hope for and I love her and miss her dearly. I wish so I could wish her a Happy's Mother's Day but she is gone and I can't. :(

• iceguy
    iceguy

My Mom passed in October 09. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and how she had unconditional love for all her kids. My mom never shunned my sister when she was df'd and I know she would not have shunned me either. My Mom loved her kids and never let the WTBTS tell her how to treat her kids. I never celebrated Mothers Day with my Mom and I hate that because she more than deserved that day of recognition for a job well done. I will go to my Mom's grave today, give her pink roses as she loved pink roses and tell her Happy Mothers day and a job well done in teaching me unconditional love.

• LotusFlower1
    LotusFlower1

I got into trouble in 2nd grade for making a Mother's Day gift. "We dont want to participate in anything the world does" was the explanation. Simple enough, but it still hurt my feelings. Years and years of trying to do good things, but getting into trouble by jw's. Ugh...the "world" would've thought

I was an awesome kid.

My mother is in chemical need of meds because of her bipolar and manic psychosis disorders...but she believes its just everyone else against her. she thinks we all want to squelch her eccentric personality (to me, its narcississtic, child-like behavior).

Happy Mother's Day to those ladies who actually acted more like a mother figure than my own mother did

• Ding
    Ding

"Honor your father and your mother" = Celebrating Mother's Day is pagan, worldly, and evil...

Sure glad we have the FDS to explain these things....

Otherwise I might think that verse means what it says...

• Quandry
    Quandry

factfinder, you have a pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit