GLOBAL FLOOD . . . Did it Really Happen?

by sizemik 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

Prisoner #6 sounds like he is a reincarnation of a JWN poster who wore out their welcome.

• doubtful
    doubtful

Yes..devious Satan and his nefarious underlings of the spirit realm spend their days roaming about the earth and fabricating fossil evidence and rearranging geological strata and tree rings. It explains everything. I don't know why you people routinely underestimate the devil's craftiness.

Demon 1: Hey ugly rebellious angel who decided to shack up with some homo sapien hotties back in the day! What's on your schedule today?

Demon 2: Oh hello fellow doomed one! I'm taking advantage of the precious moments I have left after 1914 to further our evil plans.

Demon 1: Wow, that's great! What are you going to do exactly?

Demon 2: I'm just gonna put in a typical day's work at the office. Then I'm gonna head on over to East Africa..Kenya, or maybe Ethiopia and go conjure up a hominid fossil with my super-duper demon technology, complete with verifiable DNA and all, and sneakily go plant it under some debris where those silly paleo-archeologists are at...And get this! I'm gonna put just enough Carbon 14 in it to make them think that it's over 100,000 years old!

Demon 1: Hahaha. LMAO. That's great stuff man..When do you have time to think of these things??

Demon 2: Oh I usually squeeze it in after I've possessed the Pope and the leaders of the U.N for my two hour shifts...

• unshackled
    unshackled

prisoner no.6: In 1993, naval achitects and structional engineers from the world class KRISPO research facility in Korea, concluded that the Arks proportions were near optimal, they further cocluded that the ratio of the Ark(30 by 5 by 3) turns out to be the perfect design to prevent capsizing in rough seas.

This is often overlooked when Flooders tout the Ark's dimensions matching modern vessels today. Which is the one key element missing to benefit from those dimensions, that the Ark did not have: PROPULSION. Without any power to drive it forward those dimensions are a disaster waiting to happen in rough seas.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Prisoner said: After all the purpose of the flood was primarily wipe out mankind, who at that time according to the bible, spoke one language and lived in a small geograghical area. -

So you don't believe the bible when it said it the flood waters covered all the earth and killed 'every living breathing thing outside the ark' - but you do believe the bible's historical chronology of human history, and that all humans in existence today came from Noah and his 3 sons - just 4000+ years ago?

How do you explain the vast amount of evidence of people living in the Americas, Africa, Australia, and most other places in the world thousands of years prior to when the bible says the flood occured? FYI, I was where you were at one time, I really really wanted to believe the Bible and I put the whole flood thing aside as a local event, just like you. Then I researched, and studied history, and found that I was kidding myself to pretend that such a legendary event happened anything like the bible's account. I had to do something that went against my prideful presumptions of my bible-based background, I had to be corrected, and actually listen to feedback by professors and fellow colleagues that could provide countless amounts of evidence to back their claims. I had to do the one thing that you seem to refuse to do at this point: LEARN.

If you're not going to do it the way I did - that is, on my own without any help from any JW or former JW - only neutral, without agenda, scholarly research and feedback - then do what Farkel said. Read through the links he provided and the many other sources on this forum and elsewhere, and you'll find that not only are your claims lacking in credibility, but basking in them like you do keeps you ignorant.

There's just too much wrong with the account to be spelled out in one post - and your attempt to rationalize it as localized is still without the evidence. Especially since you still hold to a water vapor canopy idea with Boyle's law. I ran this by my buddy who has a PHd in chemistry from Duke - and uh - guess what? long story short, you're wrong. You need to quit spouting out nonsense without being able to back it up.

In the meantime, keep learning - or don't, but don't come on here acting like you know what you're talking about, because you may not learn, but you will get schooled.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The great flood of Noah has got to be the biggest and arguably most embellished disingenuous story of Yahweh out of the many

written in the bible. The story is mostly nonsensical based on its orginal supposed intension and that was to cleanse the earth of evil.

Why would a god do such a thing to only have everything revert back to what was present prior to the destructive flood ? ....Duh

Points to remember -

1. How long would is take for Noah and his family to scourer over the entire globe catching and retaining the many diverse species

that the world contains in nature ? At that, gathering enough appropriate identical food that each species is required to live on,

because you cant take animals out of their own specific environment and feed them anything you have because they will get sick and die.

2. the thought of cramming thousands of different animals into a tightly quartered holding stalls, for months until they could be brought

back to their original location, is improbable in itself because those animals would quickly die.

3. How long do you think it would take for all of that water to evaporate, since the waters were said to reach the tops of the highest mountains ?

.....perhaps years ! .... would constant rain for 40 days and 40 nights really psychically do that ?

We could go on and on analyzing this story using biology and natural physics but I feel my own intellect draining out my ears already.

The Global flood didn't happen, what did happen though is men told and created stories of their particular gods, in this case ( Yahweh ),

of worship to create relevance and a stature of importance toward these gods. Many ancient civilizations told stories of their great gods

mostly out of ignorance of the world they lived, the same world we live in today.

Of course the fear mongering cults like this story because they can use to instill fear into peoples minds and hearts and thereby

induce control over these people.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The main problem with the flood story is that several civilizations were building stuff during the time period that the flood came (4-6000 years ago) and CONTINUED building according to the guidelines of that civilization that was supposed to be swept away.

There were people in modern day China and Mexico before the flood (far away from Mesopotamia, go preach there Noah without a boat) and there were people in China and Mexico after the flood. There was massive agriculture that required rain so the 'no-rain theory' doesn't hold either.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

it didnt

• the prisoner No 6
    the prisoner No 6

Yes Moshe, I couldnt post under MAX, so had to re-regirster, bummer Iam back to 10 posts, i just feel the love from your post,I am not here to covet popularity,just to comment,

Back on topic, If the supreme being, backed the construction of the Ark and as we have seen the Ark could have been a viable craft,who are we to deny it ? Its not like its the man made BS from the WTS,I am not trying to be obstinate, or to play devils advocate. Infact the only point that has had any impact on my thinking has been made byUNSHACKLED, NO means of propulsion, and I am not even sure thats a clincher either.

Can i take this oppertunity to thank EVERYONE for there contribution here on this topic, It was only 6 weeks ago that i discovered WTS was a sham, and to Justinfrombethel,beeig educated is why I am here, if not Id be at KH beeing spoonfed shit

• sizemik
    sizemik
    the only point that has had any impact on my thinking has been made byUNSHACKLED, NO means of propulsion

A desire for truth and further learning is a great means of propulsion . . . . it can have a real impact on your thinking. Don't restrict yourself to only the points made here . . . use them as propulsion . . . do some deeper research, is my respectful suggestion. Then some of the other quite valid points made here will begin to have greater meaning perhaps.

• TallaulahB
    TallaulahB

It all comes down to poop, in the most literal of senses. Even if there was just a localized flood, with animals from the immediate region, and Noah was able to wrangle ALL of those animals, and take care of each of their diets for the duration of the "flood", what did he do with the poop? Elephants, zebras, lions, monkeys, etc, etc.

I'm truly not trying to be dismissive or snarky here, but if you've ever had to care for animals, then you know you've had to clean their crap. Ever bother not picking up after a couple of dogs after just a couple of days? It's crap-tastically gross. And not properly disposing of poop will kill you- inhaling dust from mice shit can lead to lung infections that will drop you like a fly in just a couple of days.

So honestly, ask yourself, if Noah had little tiny windows up at the tippy-top of the ark, he couldn't exactly fling all of that animal crap up and out, could he? And even if he could, it would be a 24/7 job that would never be caught up with.

Oh, and then of course, there's the need to FEED all those animals to produce the poop in the firstplace. That's a boatload of hay (pun intended). Oh. And the climate control- penguins and polar bears need a different temperature to survive than a giraffe does. And I'm pretty sure there weren't air conditioners or swamp coolers around- so how was that handled? And how about making a vessel that could bear such a heavy load- with wood. Not steel. Wood. Above and beyond any standards currently in place for modern seagoing vessels, because he had A LOT to carry. But he did it, out of wood. With handmade tools. By hand. Did I mention the WOOD?

Then there's that whole thing of, if you're building an ark, how can you possibly have enough time to wrangle animals? Docile or not, how are you going to grab a passel of rhinos? How did he know what bugs to bring with him? How did he build an aviary inside the ark? The average modern zoo uses massive teams to build a series of different habitats, in SEPARATE housings. Think of the horror of the old Victorian zoos and that wouldn't even begin to be as bad as what some guy from antiquity could devise.

I'm sorry, but its not possible. Its not feasible. Its a story. Its a fable. Its a metaphor. Somebody's tent got rained out and the next thing you know.... there was a flood.

Sorry to go on like this, but the flood is one of my personal pet peeves. It just cheeses me when I think this was taught to me with a level of credence far above and beyond the stories of Greek and Roman mythology and other ancient fables. Nobody expected me to BELIEVE that a literal mouse took a thorn from the paw of a literal lion, and that they had a literal conversation with one another about it.

But the flood, oh yeah, that really happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit