Do Active Witnesses Find Meetings Exciting?

by Band on the Run 53 Replies latest jw friends

• ambersun
    ambersun

Our new Kingdom hall doesn't have any windows.

Just the memories of all those glorious summer Sunday afternoons spent inside stuffy KHs listening to monotonous voices droning on and on and on about things you had heard a thousand times before makes me feel .

At least I usually had a window to look out of, and I can remember going into trance like states just watching leaves on nearby trees swaying in the wind. The thought of NO WINDOWS is unimaginably awful

My guess is that we would be amazed at the number of active JWs who find the meetings boring and just endure them every week because they have no choice, but dare not admit it even to themselves!!

LOL at clarity!!!

• godrulz
    godrulz

Why do KH usually have no windows?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

@ godrulz: to avoid going off-topic here, see this thread.

• steve2
    steve2
    Why do KH usually have no windows?

Because there are far too many eager volunteers to clean them which leads to endless pushing and shoving to get the other eager helpers out of the way so the windows can be cleaned...I guess?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The meetings suck and they all know it. Its rehash week after week after week. Even the WT articles are based for a large part on the district convention talks. I think most people go to the meetings because they are expected to.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Clarity

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

They were very exciting following the birth of my first daughter. I got to take a shower, get dressed up and then sit in the back room with other mothers and discuss motherhood. I actually really enjoyed those meetings for about 2 months. It was June; I was overweight, housebound with a baby from HELL. The other 41 years of meeting attendance was nothing short of torture.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The WT has nerve to criticize dynamic, vibrant Christianity that has life and the power/presence of God when it is such a dead religion.

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

my favorite part of the meeting is leaving, it's the most intersting part other then that it's so dull and boring but it's good time to think some matter through and zone out, i give one comment per meeting anything i say is good, i don't care anymore

• godrulz
    godrulz

Are they usually punctual starting and ending a meeting? In a Pentecostal church, we leave room for the moving of the Holy Spirit to change the service to do what He wants in lives. Spontaneity is not something I have ever seen in a JW meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit