Tell Us What's Happening on Mother's Day

by OnTheWayOut 13 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So many of us are free, so many of us are not.

Share whatever "Mother's Day" activity you will be involved in this year. Moms and those with non or ex-JW moms, WHAZZUP?

Tell us how that makes you feel, your involvement or lack of involvement in Mother's Day.

• undercover
    undercover

Never done it, won't miss it. My mom is a devout JW, wouldn't even think of celebrating it or being honored by it, so I oblige her by not acknowledging her during this time.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks, UC. I honor my JW mother (so far) by keeping my total fade instead of telling the elders to take a flying leap. That way, Mom doesn't have to decide whether to shun me or not.

What a wonderful son I am.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My Mother's Day starts tonight and goes through Sunday. We are having a home coming party tonight for my oldest daughter (comes home from college today). Tomorrow we are taking the day off to shop and garden. Saturday we are sleeping in and then going out to lunch in lower downtown Denver at a place that has a Kentucky Derby party. Sunday we are going out for High Tea at the Brown Palace. To top it off, Sunday evening my girls are going to watch Masterpiece Theatre with me (they hate it, but it is part of their gift to me)

Oh yes, and I will drop off some rose bushes for my dear mother.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have recently been introduced to a new group of friends . One woman in the group puts on a Mother's Day BBQ every year for all her friends ! This will be our first year , and it sounds like a blast .

I am amazed how warmly my husband and I hve been integrated into already established groups of friends .

• tracylee
    tracylee

Does Hallmark make a "Thank you for being too religious to abort me" card?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Saturday I am going to a girls only pot-luck of former JW ladies that all use to attend the local KH . We have all reconnected on facebook and are trying to get together once a month .

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Even when I was "In," the banning of Mothers Day celebrations baffled me. The whole BS about it being a celebration of the earth goddess is such BS. Mother's Day was introduced after the civil war by moms who'd sent their boys off to fight and die in a war. I never could see the "wrongness" of showing appreciation to your parents. Sure, you should do it all the time, but what's the harm in setting aside a day to make sure they know they are special? I always did something for Mom for mother's day - even when it had to be on the DL when I was still a dub.

I miss you Mom.

Mom and the four of us kids (I'm the tubby bare chested one on the right)

From Mom

Mom as a working professional (her best years)

From Mom

Mom about 2 months before she died.

From Mom
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I never celebrated it due to being raised as a JW. Then my mum died when I was 11 so I haven't had a mother to celebrate it for anyway.

I'm not a mother either, and at this stage, not likely to ever be one, either. Like Valentine's Day, it's just a reminder of something you don't have.

• outlawwilly
    outlawwilly

I am The kids are sending the wife to a broadway show here in Toronto that she really wanted to see. Then I am ordering her favourite chinese food from her favourite chinese place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit