JWs who do a "disappearing act" because of damaging gossip and trouble in the hall

by LongHairGal 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird

Miz, one elder's wife quit speaking to me because her husband would always ask for my help on Service Meeting parts or commend my well-thought answers at the WT study.

I kid you not.

I also knew all the Kingdom melodies by heart, and would sing soulfully.

That was another bone of contention with her.

Syl

• nugget
    nugget

Gossip is painful to endure and damaging I haven't been much of a victim of it not being consider significant enough to be talked about. The only occasion was when one of the elders invited the group over for a get together, no dress code was given but I thought it was to be a relaxed affair and wore a tee shirt with a mad looking cat on it. I later discovered that the elder's wife had been distressed by my attire and had discussed this with other elders wives at the hall. Apparently I should have worn meeting clothes. This was such a trivial thing but she never spoke to me directly about it but felt comfortable talking behind my back. I was deeply hurt and I felt shamed and belittled.

If it had been something more serious I can only imagination the pain and humiliation it could have caused. Gossip is relentless and with so little to talk about it is inevitable that a juicy story will run and run.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Good thread with some very valid points. I remember elders wives boasting of their knowledge about members of the cong involved in judicial matters. The saddest thing in the KH is that regardless of the gossip being untrue ...mud sticks ....and once your reputation is sullied in there ..you're finished.

No room for george - Oh dear me you sound so sanctimonious ... its nonsense though of course... Jehovah must be so ashamed that they claim to be his people.

Loz x

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Miz, one elder's wife quit speaking to me because her husband would always ask for my help on Service Meeting parts or commend my well-thought answers at the WT study.

I kid you not.

I also knew all the Kingdom melodies by heart, and would sing soulfully.

That was another bone of contention with her.

Syl

I'm sorry Syl, but I have to say that you were the one at fault. Instead of accepting her husband's request for assistance, you should have first taken the matter in prayer to Jehovah so that you could have made sure of the more important things. (Phil 1:10) In this case, the more important thing would be consideration of this poor woman's feelings. If you had prayed to Jehovah, and asked for a portion of His spirit to be upon you, to help you recall Biblicle examples of spiritual stalwarted individuals who humbled themselves on behalf of their fellow man. Remember the story of Joseph and Potipher's wife? Joseph rather than give Potipher's wifes booty a ratta tat tatta, he said aloud, "How could I do such a wicked thing?!?!" Syl, you could have taken the same position with your singing by occasionally screaching or singing off tune, thereby humiliating yourself and encouraging the wife of this elder. You also could have stuttered when commenting, or peppered it occasionally with "umm", or "ugh", or "I lost my thought."-Col 4:6

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Is this poster for real?

Loz x

• nugget
    nugget

George a paradise is supposed to be a place of rest and peace. If a place is making you miserable it is not a place of rest or peace. Your answer assumes that the witnesses are the true religion rather than the poisonous cespit they have become.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

George is doing satire folks...get it?

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL @ Miz.

I think SD-7 has rubbed off on him.

Syl

• nugget
    nugget

satire gets me every time, every single time. Damn it.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I hope this is satire! If not then there is ABSOLUTELY "No Room for George" here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit