Would you/could you look at the pics of dead Osama Bin Laden?

by Broken Promises 30 Replies latest social current

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

No. I would not. And I am very appreciative of the fact that Obama made the adult decision, knowing he would be criticized and attacked. I am glad he stepped back and saw Big Picture, not the next 72 hour news cycle, nor people demanding "closure". Frankly, if the relatives of those who died in the Twin Towers or at the Pentagon or in Pennsylvania want to see a PRIVATE viewing b/c they need "closure", that would be one thing. But everyone else who wants to see it out of purient curiosity or because they want to buy into some governmental conspiracy - get a freaking life and think about how many more American lives would be put into danger. Two scenarios: faked picture/conspiracy? bin Laden will just make a videotape and prove it wrong. I seriously doubt the American government would run that risk. Get real. Second: real photo, released? Even MORE anger and hatred against the U.S., but now with a distinct focus.

Like everything else, reason and logic will see the point, and conspiracists will not (sigh).

Really. People are barely surviving in Alabama - and there's barely anything in the news about that anymore b/c everyone is arguing about whether or not these photographs should be released. When was the last time you saw anything about the hundreds of thousands of people in Japan who are still struggling?

How are you going to control a picture like that? Do I REALLY want a child looking up and seeing that on TV? or on the internet? Nope. And it absolutely would serve to incite more violence, and would become yet another rallying point for terrorism. I can just see the banners now with his mangled face on them...all over the Middle East.

*steps of soapbox*

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i'd like to see them. and i don't even care too much of him being dead or not.

• d
    d

Yes this would incite more hate and violence.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That would be cooler than the alien autopsy film.

• glenster
  • VIII
    VIII

Let's see, we've (us Apostates) grew up with and have seen graphic Watchtowers and Awakes showing people being killed at Armageddon. No biggie.

Then came Friday and 13th and The Terminator movies. And video games.

Yes, we can handle it. I want to see them.

I also want to see the video that the SEALs were wearing when they walked in.

A 40-50 minute fire fight?

With who? OBLs unarmed wives? His children? Oh, his aide/courier.

A 40-50 minute fire fight which turned out to be "one sided". And short. Hmmm.

Details, details.

Show the video, show the pictures. Censorship is not good. Especially in America.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The real point is that in a free and open society, the pics and video would be openly available to those who chose to see them. In a tyrannical system, state secrets prevail over public matters, even as personal privacy is in decline.

Now that were are up to official story #37 about the matter, it would be hard to accept anything seen as being anything other than a fabrication.

• undercover
    undercover

I could and I would

This panel could include:

#1 Oprah Winfrey

#2 Dr. Phil

Who else? I couldn't think of anyone.

#3 Homer Simpson

#4 Peter Griffin

#5 Eric Cartman

I mean, if you're gonna pick fake TV personalities and all...

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

I could easily look at them and think nothing of it. I have seen the worst of the worst on the internet and could look at a dead Osama bin Laden with no problem.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    #3 Homer Simpson
    #4 Peter Griffin
    #5 Eric Cartman

LOL...good choices undercover!

Or, maybe we could put Rachel Maddow, Bill O'Reilly, and Anderson Cooper in a room together and let them come to a consensus....throw Katie Couric in for good measure. Then let them report to us their "findings".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit