This stopped me in my tracks. Sad but inspiring, please read...

by unshackled 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

but

I'm a frikkin mess now.

• nugget
    nugget

I was beginning to think I was missing what everyone else was on about until the last line. Now I'm all tearful.

Life is too short.

• scary21
    scary21

I at one time beleived that I would most likely be dead at 21. You see, that was 1975, and I was too much of a party girl, hanging with worldly friends.

Jehovah would never let me in the new system. Every year past then, I really thought was a bonus, and tried to live every day to the fullest. In 1989, when I married for the second time I still believed the end was coming. I remember being thankful that I now had someone.I wouldn't have to die in the big A alone. I can so relate to the things Derek was saying. He was very brave, and loved life!!!!!! Love every day,EVERY DAY IS A BONUS DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Sherry

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

That was pretty damn touching, Unshackled.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

That was pretty damn touching, Unshackled.

• sizemik
    sizemik

How could that be read without shedding tears? . . . Tears are all I can add to his words. It's a reality we all must face.

• jair_irwin
    jair_irwin

Thought provoking, moving, powerful...thanks!

• unshackled
    unshackled

Thanks for the comments everyone. Also good to hear I'm not the only one still wrestling with the magic-carpet-ride-to-Paradise mindset!

I never met Derek but he was a good friend of a colleague of mine. A great man, father, husband.
    Found this pic of him...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That was beautiful.

While I was still alive writing this, I was sad to know I'll miss these things—not because I won't be able to witness them, but because Air, Marina, and Lauren won't have me there to support their efforts.

Since I have had a child that is the new perspective that I have had on life. I fear death, not for the sake of death, but that I would not be there to support my son in having the most amazing life possible.

• crapola
    crapola

Well, I've felt like crying all day and this did it. I just hope his family appreciates what a good person he was and will treasure these words always.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit