Most recent Society lies about 1914?

by Essan 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Essan
    Essan

Hi Kurtbethel,

Do you mean you were having a Bible Study (unbaptized) and brought this info up during it? LOL. If so, I wish I'd been a fly on the wall. I'd love to hear that story :)

Yeah, the line you quoted also shows that they know they are being deceptive, because in that one they try to imply they predicted the events of 1914, but without actually flat out saying it. Other times to just lie outright.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Essan - Here is another section in the Bible Teach book about it. I tried to maintain the line of thought with my study conductor, and my study fizzled out a couple of weeks later. The following is from Chapter 8, Pars 22 & 23, on pages 84 & 85. It says:

22 When Jesus told his followers to pray, “Let your kingdom come,” it was clear that the Kingdom had not come at that time. Did it come when Jesus ascended to heaven? No, because both Peter and Paul said that after Jesus was resurrected, the prophecy at Psalm 110:1 was fulfilled in him: “The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is: ‘Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.’” ( Acts 2:32-34 ; Hebrews 10:12, 13 ) There was a waiting period.

23 For how long? During the 19th century, sincere Bible students calculated that the waiting period would end in 1914. (Regarding this date, see the Appendix pages 215-218.) World events that began in 1914 confirm that the calculation of these sincere Bible students was correct. The fulfillment of Bible prophecy shows that in 1914, Christ became King and God’s heavenly Kingdom began to rule.

What do you think of this? Do you consider it a lie?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Their "out" for 1914, as well as 1925 and 1975 is that some "Bible students" or "witnesses" believed those dates would bring the end of this system. That creates a couple new problems. If we accept it at face value, then when they claim they have unity and all of them believe the same thing then that would be a lie, since they also claim only "some" of them believed those things.

If we accept that they do have unity, then the claim that only "some" of them believed that is a lie, and by extension all of them believe lies. This creates another problem. The 144,000 mentioned in Revelation do not lie, so a self evident liar like the society could not possibly be part of the anointed group, and could also not be God's "channel".

In paragraph 23 mentioned above, there is an important omission and another lie. The Bible students (Russell) calculated that the waiting period ended in 1874. Omitted is that they also calculated a 40 year harvest ending in 1914 with the end of the system, collapse of world governments and war of Armageddon. So the world events beginning in 1914 show the calculations to be incorrect. Yet another lie. Now I must leave this topic and wipe off my keyboard and hands, as I feel dirty.

• designs
    designs

Just remember in an atomic particle accelerator you can get ahead of yourself............

• Essan
    Essan

Hi Interestedone,

Yes I consider that a lie. The are being very deceptive in that statement. It's not one of the most blatant lies regarding this issue that they have printed, but it's a lie nonetheless.

You just need to tie together the linked satetments to see that it's a lie.

"The Kingdom had not come at thet time"..."There was a waiting period. For how long?"..."During the 19th century, sincere Bible students calculated that the waiting period would end in 1914."

Lie.

They calculated that Jesus became King in 1874 and that the effects of this event would be felt on earth increasingly from that time onward, until 1914.

"World events that began in 1914 confirm that the calculation of these sincere Bible students was correct."

Utter lie. Their calculation was that Jesus become King in 1874, and that Armageddon would be over by 1914.

They know what they're saying is not true.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The big daddy of among the WTS lies is 1914. or was it 1975 ?

Unbiblical calculation proclaimed as Truth but in reality it was deceptive lying to help draw attention to the WTS. own published literature..

• Maze
    Maze

I posted some information sometime back for a broader perspective of the 1914 prophecy. No one responded to the opening post.
    http://www.watchtower21.org/2010/11/gentile-times-reconsidered.html

They just emphasized some of the trivial archeological details that conflict with Bible prophecy. The truth of the matter is the archeology is there to support 1914 even though some historical details conflict with the Biblical worldview. Accurately perceiving the Jehovah's view of the world and all of the war, famine, upheaval and corruption that has taken place since 1914 has something to do with reviving the mark from the secretary’s inkhorn as described in Ezekiel 9:3-4.

And as regards the glory of the God of Israel, it was taken up from over the cherubs over which it happened to be to the threshold of the house, and he began calling out to the man that was clothed with the linen, at whose hips there was the secretary’s inkhorn. And Jehovah went on to say to him: “Pass through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and you must put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it.” Ezekiel 9:3-4

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Essan - Thank you for clarifying. Are you able to place the original quotations/calculations of the 19th century "sincere Bible students" side-by-side with the two paragraphs I quoted from the Bible Teach book? I think it would be very revealing to look at them to see the lie clearly. Unfortunately, I don't know what the exact original quotes are. To clearly show the lie, the original quotes would need to be directly applicable - apples to apples comparison. I've noticed the WT does a lot of wordsmithing in how they refer to and interpret the old quotes to make it seem like they aren't lying. Can you do the comparison to demonstrate the parts of your last post where you said "lie" and "utter lie" or point me to where someone else has already done so?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If Jesus or God had intended to leave a calculable date of his return, he would have said so or it would be mentioned in the bible.

His own words were that no man shall no the time of his return, only the father.

That includes his said FDSL.

To even make an attempt of calculating a time is breaking Jesus's own commandment.

As I mentioned before this so called return of Christ was seen as such a valuable asset to the WTS. marketing of their literature, it was kept

as one of the organization's main doctrines, its a false doctrine and always will be.

And no Jesus is not into Pyramidology.

• DocBob
    DocBob

1/15/93 Watchtower, page 5 in the article “Caught Away to Meet the Lord’-How?”:

The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914. Events since that year testify to Jesus’ invisible presence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit